• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

The "Name the Station" game

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

trainmania100

Established Member
No

5) The closest guess so far is Ivybridge.

Although trains to London Paddington do stop at this station, they are extremely scarce - usually only late at night. It also has two platforms

trainmania100

Established Member
Bridgwater?

Correct.

This station sees cross country trains but these services do not stop here.
This station is operated and served by gwr. Only some of the trains here stop at London stations, but even if they didnt that wouldnt matter, as the clue suggests the TOC has services to London, but not necessarily from this station. Bridgwater is closest guess to ivybridge as far as i am ware. Cross country doesnt go to london and this station is south of london
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Only 5 clues if you please! If you leave too many stations behind after 5 clues then stiff cheddar, you accept the penalty <(

Yes hard cheese, please accept my warm apologies

Clue 3: Between December 2000 and September 2002 class 170s of two different TOCs could both be seen passing through this station. However class 170s have never called at this station (unless any Special Stop Orders have been made).

Clue 4: Currently class 158s / 159s / 444s / 450s all pass through this station however only 444s and 450s call at this station.

Clue 5: As well as being the name of the small town it is in the station name is also something that is used to hang things from. For example to hang your coat on the back of a door.

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Ah thanks.
I'd better say open floor as I'm a bit busy at the moment.