• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

The "Name the Station" game

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

A Challenge

Established Member
I had a feeling it was IoW, especially after Clue 3 as most places at least two classes work interchangably

1. This is station was used by less than 1 million people in the 2015/2016 year

A Challenge

Established Member
1. This station was used by less than 1 million people in the 2015/2016 year
2. This station is served by more than one direct service to London per hour off peak Monday to Friday

A Challenge

Established Member
2. This station is served by more than one direct service to London per hour off peak Monday to Friday

3. This station is served by South Western Railway services

A Challenge

Established Member

4. This station is has two platforms

A Challenge

Established Member

4. This station is has two platforms
5. This station is a terminus that requires the crossing of exactly one level crossing to get to the SWML

DanNCL

Established Member
At last!:D For the last clue I was quite literally using Google Earth to find out how many level crossings there were on each of the SWR Branches! (I'm not at all familiar with much of the SWR area)

A Challenge

Established Member
Presumably by Edinburgh you mean Waverley, but what do you mean for Birmingham?

Haymarket?

A Challenge

Established Member
Sorry about that, I wasn't sure what to say but didn't want to hint to that as it would give it away! And half hourly Carlisle to Newcastle?

Manchester Victoria?

DanNCL

Established Member
Sorry about that, I wasn't sure what to say but didn't want to hint to that as it would give it away! And half hourly Carlisle to Newcastle?

Manchester Victoria?
Not Manchester Victoria

Clue 5: This station is the start of an hourly service to Middlesbrough via Newcastle, and is the only station on the Tyne Valley line with the letter X in it's name