• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

The "Name the Station" game

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

sonic2009

Established Member
Damn it didn't work i thought you would all get confused :)

Yes Ivo your correct

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

Ivo

Established Member
What did I tell you on Sunday? Trying to be clever doesn't work! :p This thread has now had two 15s in little more than 72 hours for that exact reason.

Clue 1: This station is not electrified.

Ivo

Established Member
Clue 3: This station has at least one direct service to at least one destination north an imaginary line passing between Oban and Dundee per day.

sonic2009

Established Member
Clue 3: This station has at least one direct service to at least one destination north an imaginary line passing between Oban and Dundee per day.

I am confused by this clue

Ivo

Established Member
The station I seek is served by at least one train that runs north of a line between Oban and Dundee for part of its journey.

Clue 4: This station's name begins with a letter that has no curves in it and is worth more than one point in Scrabble (e.g. V).

sonic2009

Established Member
Falkirk Grahamston

Edit : Hit return key before finishing post

Ivo

Established Member
Clue 5: This station is within three miles of a football stadium that will host fourth tier football (either FL2 or SD3) in 2012/13.

Falkirk Grahamston

Edit : Hit return key before finishing post

The answer "Falkirk" would have been considered a dud anyway, so no matter.

Ivo

Established Member
Montrose?

Is the correct answer.

I have just finished updating the results data, but only ten days have passed since the last time so I shan't give details just yet. Amazingly, rounds #165 to #170 returned all six standard results - one turn, two turns, three turns, four turns, five turns, Turn Player (albeit not in that order)!

I shall have a go at plotting the locations used on a map, and post the map when finished. Until I'm done, you guys are playing without me.