• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

The next station is...!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

DanTrain

Highams Park

It seems this leg has lost points due to a failure to concede whilst I was away. Would be nice if people just conceded once in a while rather than wasting everyone’s time.

DanNCL

Established Member
Chingford

Next journey begins at Broome

It seems this leg has lost points due to a failure to concede whilst I was away. Would be nice if people just conceded once in a while rather than wasting everyone’s time.
Agreed. Personally I don't play this game very often any more, but I'd happily concede if asked - next time we reach a deadlock feel free to ask me to break it.

backontrack

Established Member
Oh yes, definitely. I haven't seen the games section this morning - would've conceded if I knew, apologies - but things are getting beyond a joke now.

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member

OBSERVATION

I would like to respond to this as one who has longer time connections than anyone else with this quiz since it was launched in the autumn of 2011, having made 30,313 postings on this quiz since then and having obtained 22,050 leg-winners points.

I am totally in agreement with what you say and indeed, I too have been the past victim of similar circumstances many times over. However, there are periods of time these days when other forum members can be called away from the website for a number of reasons. I was on this website earlier today prior to leaving for a hospital appointment, but a review of matters on my return home after reading your posting comment above showed that postings were still being made on the thread after my departure.

Up to the end of 2015, I was one of the three senior adjudicators to this quiz until ill health caused me to relinquish this position but most of the regular contributors to this quiz know that I try to greet new members to it and offer advice and guidance. For example, after Darren R made his adjudication very late last night, some people had struck-through their postings as requested so I sent PM to a couple of contributors who had not seen this adjudication and who had affected postings that still needed to be struck-through in order that they could be made aware of matters.

DanTrain

OBSERVATION

I would like to respond to this as one who has longer time connections than anyone else with this quiz since it was launched in the autumn of 2011, having made 30,313 postings on this quiz since then and having obtained 22,050 leg-winners points.

I am totally in agreement with what you say and indeed, I too have been the past victim of similar circumstances many times over. However, there are periods of time these days when other forum members can be called away from the website for a number of reasons. I was on this website earlier today prior to leaving for a hospital appointment, but a review of matters on my return home after reading your posting comment above showed that postings were still being made on the thread after my departure.

Up to the end of 2015, I was one of the three senior adjudicators to this quiz until ill health caused me to relinquish this position but most of the regular contributors to this quiz know that I try to greet new members to it and offer advice and guidance. For example, after Darren R made his adjudication very late last night, some people had struck-through their postings as requested so I sent PM to a couple of contributors who had not seen this adjudication and who had affected postings that still needed to be struck-through in order that they could be made aware of matters.
I completely appreciate that, and it was not in the slightest aimed at anyone that's offline. It's purely aimed at some members (yourself not included) who sit online waiting for someone to concede, wasting everyone's time. I appologise for the lack of clarity :).

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Garth