• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

The next station is...!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Andy Pacer

Established Member
Note that as the previous leg* was declared to have ended when it hadn't (see post #161316), the leg will score 25 points fewer as per the rules.

(*Leg ran from Chapelton to Paignton.)

Would this have applied had a different player eventually won the leg rather than the one who mistakenly declared the win?

A Challenge

Established Member
Would this have applied had a different player eventually won the leg rather than the one who mistakenly declared the win?
The win was declared by you at Barnstaple, and you then won at Paignton. I read it that it is 25 points for editing ("the adjudicators can dock 25 points from the leg"), and if the leg has been started in error then that person can get no points at all [only them] ("If someone has started a new leg after incorrectly deciding they have won the previous leg then the adjudicators award them no points for that leg, so be careful!")

Andy Pacer

Established Member
The win was declared by you at Barnstaple, and you then won at Paignton. I read it that it is 25 points for editing ("the adjudicators can dock 25 points from the leg"), and if the leg has been started in error then that person can get no points at all [only them] ("If someone has started a new leg after incorrectly deciding they have won the previous leg then the adjudicators award them no points for that leg, so be careful!")

Thanks for the clarification, although I didn't edit anything (apart from my incorrect new starting station).

Esker-pades

Established Member
That sentence gives us no wriggle room ("the adjucidators award them no points"). So, it looks like we have to score it zero.

Andy Pacer

Established Member
That sentence gives us no wriggle room ("the adjucidators award them no points"). So, it looks like we have to score it zero.
Thanks, that is what I was looking to clarify. It also means that if accidentally declaring a win, then there is no point in continuing to participate in the leg, so that's useful to know.