• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

The OPC Computer tests - ATAVT, WAFV, 2 Handed Coordination

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chloe88

Hi

I have a few questions about the computers tests which i hope you guys can kindly answer for me.

ATAVT
How many images do you get to practice before the actual test begins?
Hom many images are in the actual test? 10, 15, 20, more?

WAFV
How often would the grey square turn black? Its a 30 minute test, so couple times a minutes?

How long is the practice section for this on?

2 Hand Coordination
I understand you trace the shape a number of times using the joysticks, how many times do you do this in the actual test and is the orientation of the shape the same each time you do it?

How many practice goes do you get?

And finally
Do they provide feedback and answers to the practice runs and whether your performance on the practice runs would be a pass or fail?

Thanks in advance!

Chloe :)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

sfxdude

Hi

I have a few questions about the computers tests which i hope you guys can kindly answer for me.

ATAVT
How many images do you get to practice before the actual test begins?
Hom many images are in the actual test? 10, 15, 20, more?

WAFV
How often would the grey square turn black? Its a 30 minute test, so couple times a minutes?

How long is the practice section for this on?

2 Hand Coordination
I understand you trace the shape a number of times using the joysticks, how many times do you do this in the actual test and is the orientation of the shape the same each time you do it?

How many practice goes do you get?

And finally
Do they provide feedback and answers to the practice runs and whether your performance on the practice runs would be a pass or fail?

Thanks in advance!

Chloe :)

ATAVT - I think maybe 3 test images. There must be about 30+ images in the actual test but they go past pretty quick so it's hard to tell.

WAFV - Practice section isn't that long. But really, there's nothing to practice. You just do it :p

2 Hand Coordination - I think it's 10 times? Can't really remember. Shape is the same every time.

There's some feedback in some of the examples (I think they tell you the answers in the picture one) but nothing in the others. They are just to get used to the controls really.

Chloe88

Sure there was 10 images

Is that 10 images in the actual test?

Does bus stops made of a metal plate thats attached to post over/next to a bus shelter with info about the route and bus number be classed as a road sign?

Would i be correct to a say road markings such "bus lane", "Disabled parking", "SLOW" etc written on the road surface would not be classed as a road sign and therefore should not be ticked?

Tomnick

Established Member
You won't have time to pick out that sort of detail, let alone make a decision like that! If there's road signs, they'll be quite prominent. The idea is to test your perception, rather than what you've definitely seen, so try to take in the picture as a whole rather than scanning it in detail (and don't be alarmed if you're not absolutely certain about something!).

I'm sure that there were ten images in the test itself too.

kaine19

Yeah in the test. Yeah you can't examine it all really. You only get 2 seconds to look at a picture

sfxdude

Yeah in the test. Yeah you can't examine it all really. You only get 2 seconds to look at a picture

Definitely less than 2 seconds! Or was when I did it... But yeah, as others have said there's absolutely no way you can take in the level of detail that you're describing. You just have to try and get an overview of things!

scabek

Is that 10 images in the actual test?

Does bus stops made of a metal plate thats attached to post over/next to a bus shelter with info about the route and bus number be classed as a road sign?

Would i be correct to a say road markings such "bus lane", "Disabled parking", "SLOW" etc written on the road surface would not be classed as a road sign and therefore should not be ticked?

Just concentrate on 5 objects
Pedestrians
Bikes / cyclists
Road signs (stop/road name/no left turn etc)
Cars
Traffic lights
Dont over complicate the test, as everyone said, you wont have time to contemplate, you just decide which object was or wasnt in the picture and you click along. At speed.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Each image stays on the screen for around half a second only, so you have to look at it and try capture the picture in your head to make the final selection. At least thats how i did mine. Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.