• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

The Purbeck & Bomo Explorer - Sat 11th June.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ARoo21

Pathfinder's Tour on Saturday from Derby to Swanage and return. Motive power is expected to be 2 Class 50's, provided by Boden Rail.

Approximate timings are on Pathfinder's Website.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

gimmea50anyday

Established Member
D407 and D400 (Hercules/Sir Ed and Fearless respectively)

50 026 off to norfolk fotlr gala appearance too

Harbornite

Established Member

EbbwJunction1

Established Member
That's a long day if you go the whole way, isn't it?

I make it that it's nearly 16 hours on the train for around 2.5 hours in Swanage ... wow!!

gimmea50anyday

Established Member
Damn, 12 early at southcote junction, was hoping to intercept it at Mortimer byt family and breakfast came first!

ARoo21

Here they were heading through Basingstoke yesterday, looking very shiny indeed! :D

Attachments

• DSCN8168.jpg
    DSCN8168.jpg
    183.5 KB · Views: 45

gasky

I would love to see some Fifties back in the South West sometime soon. (Hint Hint, railtour operators)

EbbwJunction1

Established Member
That's a long day if you go the whole way, isn't it?

I make it that it's nearly 16 hours on the train for around 2.5 hours in Swanage ... wow!!

I'm being nosy, but did any forum members travel both ways for the whole (or even the majority) of the journey and, if so, how did it go?

Harbornite

Established Member
I'm being nosy, but did any forum members travel both ways for the whole (or even the majority) of the journey and, if so, how did it go?

I wasn't there but I do know that departure from Swanage was 15 minutes late.

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator

I travelled on the trip from/to Coleshill Parkway. Was a good trip but a fairly long day out. The coach I was in wasn't too bad but there complaints about the air con in other coaches.

EbbwJunction1

Established Member
I travelled on the trip from/to Coleshill Parkway. Was a good trip but a fairly long day out. The coach I was in wasn't too bad but there complaints about the air con in other coaches.

Okay, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.