• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

The Sunday Times on street photography.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Dai.

Established Member
I think the crippling pressure of the government and the laws is becoming too much for any one man or woman to handle and needs to be stopped, more than just this news article needs to be published!

However,
good show!

Whatever happened the freedom our grandparents fought for in the 2nd world war. Its getting beyond a joke. The bit about CCTV, get really paranoid at Leeds because I feel im been watched, because the amount of CCTV cameras there is unbeliveable.

Bill EWS

One postive response would be that if everyone wrote to their Councils and stated that they don't want to be in their CCTV survailance or recordings and quote this stupid ant-photography stance that appears to be building up. If it's good enough for the average photographer to be stopped filming in public for these reasons then the Council, Police etc should be made to follow the same rule. Just watch the back down if this were to happen!

However, having said that, I have never yet met any such demand wherever I photograph around the UK, so wonder if this isn't another case of everyone reacting to what they see & read in the news media just for the 'latest' grumble!

Sun Chariot

Established Member
2 miles and 50 years away from the Longmoor Milita
On a non-rail theme, I was taking an architectural shot in Cardiff, of a public place and on public property. A random security-guard told me I couldn't do such a thing.
I pointed out that I was wholly within my legal rights and that I fully intended to carry on. Which I did. And the disoriented security-guard just gaped...

Status
Not open for further replies.