• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

The Transport Game (UK)

ValleyLines142

Established Member
The above extract from the rules seems to suggest that once the time of 2300 has been reached, contributors can avail themselves of the advantage offered. It seems that different people have different understanding of that rule, but all you can do is to go by what is printed.

Perhaps the forum quizmaster team will make the matter clearer in the rules, so this does not happen again.
I've also made an error because the previous posting actually arrived at 2259 and not 2300, I had read the timetable incorrectly so we are unable to use the overnight rule anyway (as a result of my own incompetence!).

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

transportphoto

Established Member
Associate Staff
Jobs & Careers
Quizmaster
Given the wording of the rules do allow the choice of waiting overnight until 05:00 “if you wish”, I can’t really dispute someone choosing to stay somewhere overnight.

My only question is whether there is a departure to any destination between 05:00 and 07:20 (given the two hour wait rule). There’s consideration as to whether we should be on that.

Overnight rule or not, let’s crack on and enjoy the game rather than worrying about the details :)

ValleyLines142

Established Member
Given the wording of the rules do allow the choice of waiting overnight until 05:00 “if you wish”, I can’t really dispute someone choosing to stay somewhere overnight.

My only question is whether there is a departure to any destination between 05:00 and 07:20 (given the two hour wait rule). There’s consideration as to whether we should be on that.

Overnight rule or not, let’s crack on and enjoy the game rather than worrying about the details :)
Unfortunately I have made an error myself, I looked at the wrong column so our arrival time into Glenrothes is 2259, thus falling foul of the permitted overnight rule.

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member

According to bustimes.org, the 0720 is the first outward service of the day on that route.

transportphoto

Established Member
Associate Staff
Jobs & Careers
Quizmaster
For the sake of ease, in the imaginary world that this game lives in, let’s crack on.

Having just reached the commencement time of the overnight travel relaxation rule, we take advantage of this and next board the 0720 Stagecoach East Scotland service 44 to Leven (Bus Station) that arrives there at 0745 on Tuesday morning.
We’re at Leven at 07:45 on a Tuesday :)

RDP

Time for a late lunch before taking the 15.55 Scottish Citylink service 915 to Portree, Somerled Square arriving at 19.54 on Tuesday..

Entry corrected.

Last edited:

ValleyLines142

Established Member
Thank you for clarifying the situation regarding overnight ruling.

From Somerled Square, it looks as if that's it for the rest of the night, so we return in the morning for the 0730 Scottish Citylink service 915 to Gallowhill (Washington Road), arriving there at 1409 on Wednesday afternoon.

Last edited:

RDP

From Somerled Square, it looks as if that's it for the rest of the night, so we return in the morning for the 0730 Scottish Citylink service 915 to Gallowhill (Washington Road), arriving there at 1409 on Tuesday afternoon.
It's Wednesday.

We next take the 14.17 West Coast Motors service 926 to Campbelltown Bus Terminus arriving at 18.19 on Wednesday.

ValleyLines142

Established Member
Thanks, lost track with all the chaos!

Very predictable move, but unfortunately we again remain stuck for the rest of the night so we return in the morning for the 0630 West Coast Motors service 926 to Anniesland (Anniesland Cross), arriving there at 1021 on Thursday morning.

gomango

We next board the 11:48 Scottish Citylink service to Fort William Bus Station, alighting at Corran Ferry Junction at 14:24 on Thursday afternoon.

RDP

We next take the 16.35 Scottish Citylink service 919 to Inverness Bus Station arriving at 18.40 on Thursday.

Mcr Warrior

Veteran Member
A short walk to the railway station, and then onboard the 1856 Scotrail service to Elgin, arriving 1943 (Thursday).

ValleyLines142

Established Member
We take the twelve minute/0.5 mile walk to Elgin bus station and there board the 2025 Stagecoach Bluebird service 10A to Aberdeen Royal Infirmary, arriving there at 2233 on Thursday evening.

RDP

Doubtful as I would have said the bus station was just out of range but with a very long wait for the next eastbound train.....

We next take the 23.09 First Aberdeen service 3 to Cove Bay, Cove Circle arriving at 23.37 on Thursday.

ValleyLines142

Established Member
Must have been another part of the station you were looking at but my results came up with that.

On the assumption that the same bus forms the return working, we next board the 2340 First Aberdeen Thistle Line service 3 to Tullos Industrial Estate (Abbotswell Road), arriving there at 2352 on Thursday.

RDP

Time for an overnight break then from the nearby Craigshaw Road bus stop we take the 05.14 Stagecoach Bluebird service X8 alighting at Stonehaven, Barclay Street at 05.54 on Friday.

RDP

We next take the 07.22 Stagecoach East Scotland service X7 to Dundee Bus Station arriving at 08.21 on Friday.

ValleyLines142

Established Member
Becoming tired of Scotland now, we take the eleven minute/0.5 mile walk to the station and board the 0933 CrossCountry service 1V60 to Newton Abbot, arriving there at 1907 on Friday evening.

RDP

We leave the station and from bus stop K take the 19.25 Stagecoach South West service 12 to Brixham, Town Square arriving at 20.24 on Friday.

ValleyLines142

Established Member
We next board the 2032 Stagecoach South West service 12 to Torquay (Torre Abbey Meadows), arriving there at 2105 on Friday evening.

RDP

We next take the 21.11 Stagecoach South West service 22 to Paignton, South Devon College arriving at 21.52 on Friday.

RDP

With the buses not seeming to get us anywhere we retreat to the railway station for the last train of the day the 23.20 to Exeter St. Davids arriving at 00.14 on Saturday.