• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

The Transport Game (UK)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ValleyLines142

Established Member
I thought you would have been pleased to see me guiding this quiz to your joint favoured settlement, that is only matched by "Bristol, Bath and the Back of Beyond"
It was more down to the fact that it was the early hours of the morning and the only other option was to return along Thameslink.

ValleyLines142

Established Member
Not Brighton Marina again!!!

If I've interpreted the rules correctly, we can't board the 0255 N7 as it will be the same vehicle? Therefore as we have to wait a further hour anyway, lets...

Taking advantage of the overnight rule we await the first Brighton & Hove service 7 of the day, departing at 0520. We alight at Hove Railway Station at 0543 on the Monday.
I can't remember the last time we were at Brighton Marina!

Also, you can return on the same vehicle starting it's return journey, as it's a guaranteed connection.

Andy Pacer

Established Member
I can't remember the last time we were at Brighton Marina!

Also, you can return on the same vehicle starting it's return journey, as it's a guaranteed connection.
Assuming the operators bus workings don't swap the vehicle over as part of the duty which is known on with some operators. Or that it may interwork services as is/was common in the North East.

-Colly405-

Having confirmed that the service does indeed run only on Mondays and Thursdays, we walk for 0.4 miles to the stop opposite The Beehive on Dovers Green Rd, and travel with Buses4U, boarding their Mole Valley Villager service 433 at 1154. We alight at Brockham (opposite Christ Church) at 1213 on Monday

-Colly405-

We take the 4 min walk to South St (Stop K) and board the 1735 Compass Travel (on behalf of Stagecoach South) service 7, alighting at Durrington (Tesco) at 1754 on Monday.

ValleyLines142

Established Member
We next board the 1801 Stagecoach South Pulse service to Lancing (North Road Post Office), arriving there at 1845 on Monday evening.

-Colly405-

It seems as though the Stagecoach South Pulse is our only option, so (rather than return to Lancing) we await the next journey at 1927, taking it as far as Goring-by-Sea (Leisure Centre) at 1959 on Monday.

-Colly405-

We walk to the railway station (0.3 mile) and board 1H69, Southern Railway's 2143 service, from which we alight at Clapham Junction at 2319 on Monday.

-Colly405-

We take advantage of the overnight ruling and wait at the station for the first means of public transport on the Tuesday morning. We therefore board 1A12, the 0539 South Western Railway service, alighting at Aldershot at 0559 on Tuesday.

Andy Pacer

Established Member
Next we take the 0750 Arriva Kent & Surrey (for now) Service 479 to Leatherhead, North Street arriving at 0847 on Tuesday morning.

Agent_Squash

Established Member
We then board the 1202 South Western Railway service to Vauxhall, arriving at 1251 on Tuesday afternoon.