• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

The Transport Game (UK)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
Taking advantage of the overnight travel relaxation rule, we place our trust in The Lord seeing the cathedral image set against the night sky and wait for the 0603 Northern Trains service to Hebden Bridge that arrives there at 0641 on Monday morning.

ValleyLines142

Established Member
We are just too far within walking distance of Ormskirk town centre, so we board the 1035 Stagecoach Merseyside & South Lancashire service EL1 to Ormskirk (Bus Station), arriving there at 1039 on Monday morning.

ValleyLines142

Established Member
We walk around the corner to the bus stop on Preston New Road and there board the 1313 Arriva North West service 47 to Bootle (Strand Shopping Centre), arriving there at 1428 on Monday afternoon.

ValleyLines142

Established Member
We next board the 1538 Arriva North West service 300 to Maghull* (Stafford Moreton Way), arriving there at 1551 on Monday afternoon.

* only found out when I was on Merseyrail six weeks ago that this is pronounced Ma-gull!

-Colly405-

We walk for 4 minutes (0.2 miles) to Central Square (Stop A) and await Huyton Travel's 1631 journey on service 133. We take this as far as Kirkby (Bus Station, Stand 3), where we arrive at 1655 on Monday.

-Colly405-

Let's stroll for 1 minutes across the end of Courthope Rd to reach the Walton Hall Avenue stop, and board the 1742 Arriva Merseyside service 81, which we take to Speke (adj. Tarbock Rd) where we arrive at 1838 on Monday.

ValleyLines142

Established Member
We next board the 2041 Arriva North West service 15 to Kensington (Farnworth Street), arriving there at 2108 on Monday evening.

-Colly405-

Let's walk the 0.2 miles (4 minutes) to Back GIlmoss Lane and board Huyton Travel's service 898 at 2235, alighting at Knowsley Industrial Park (adj. Ashcroft Rd) at 2245 on Monday.

ValleyLines142

Established Member
That appears to be it for the rest of the day here, and we are too far away to get the X3 back towards Liverpool, so I think all we can do here is board the 0522 Huyton Travel service 899 to Page Moss* (Terminus Road/Stockbridge Lane), arriving there at 0849 on Tuesday morning.

* The timetable on Huyton Travel's website states Page Moss, but looking on Google Maps the terminus looks to be in a place called Fincham? And I'm very familiar with Liverpool but must admit i cant say I've heard of that before!

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
* The timetable on Huyton Travel's website states Page Moss, but looking on Google Maps the terminus looks to be in a place called Fincham? And I'm very familiar with Liverpool but must admit i cant say I've heard of that before!
Perhaps that particular Fincham in the Merseyside area was the name of a settlement that was encompassed by a larger settlement. The only Fincham known to me is the village that is about a dozen miles south of Kings Lynn in Norfolk.

-Colly405-

Bustimes shows it as Woolfall Heath.

I'm presuming the arrival time should be 0549, not 0849!

I'm thinking it is time to head into town so we next walk 3 minutes to the Liverpool Rd stop on Princess Drive and board Arriva Merseyside service 13 at 0556. We alight at Liverpool (Queen Square Bus Station) at 0624 on Tuesday.

EDIT: Just realised we were there late at night on Monday, but there are plaenty of alternative ways out this time...

Last edited:

ValleyLines142

Established Member
Yeah I saw that, but then Woolfall Heath seemed a little too far east. I've never been hugely convinced by the locations that Bus Times suggests! Also was indeed a 0549 arrival - apologies!

Anyway, we then board the 0642 Arriva North West service 79C to Belle Vale (Interchange), arriving there at 0713 on Tuesday morning.