• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

The Transport Game (UK)

ValleyLines142

Established Member
We then board the 0912 Metrobus service 291 to Tunbridge Wells (Royal Victoria Place), arriving there at 1034 on Friday morning.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

-Colly405-

We walk the 0.3 miles (6 minutes) to Southlands Hospital Outpatients and await the 1443 Stagecoach South service 9, alighting at Arundel (Queen St) at 1709 on Friday.

-Colly405-

We next take the 1918 Metrobus service 23 from South St stop J, and alight at Ashington (Red Lion) at 1943 on Friday.

Last edited:

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
Come what may, that was the last bus of the day, so we bide our time and next board the 0701 Metrobus service 23 to Broadwater (the bus stop adjacent to the church on Broadwater Road) that arrives there at 0716 on Saturday morning.

Last edited:

ValleyLines142

Established Member
Come what may, that was the last bus of the day, so we bide our time and next board the 0630 Metrobus service 23 to Broadwater (the bus stop adjacent to the church on Broadwater Road) that arrives there at 0645 on Saturday morning.
I think that's the weekday timetable. The first service on a Saturday is at 07:01 arriving at Broadwater Church at 07:16.

Taking this into account, we then board the 0739 Stagecoach South service 5 to Durrington (Tesco), arriving there at 0753 on Saturday morning.

Andy Pacer

Established Member
Next we take the 0814 Stagecoach South 'Pulse' service to Sompting, Berriedale Drive arriving there at 0856 on Saturday morning.

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
We take the three minute walk to the bus stop opposite Ball Tree Close on Busticle Lane and there board the 0924 Compass Travel service 7 to Salvington (the bus stop adjacent to Swandean Hospital on Salvington Hill) that arrives there at 1032 on Saturday morning.

ValleyLines142

Established Member
Considering this is a hospital, services here aren't that frequent (there's not even a service on a Sunday!), and so we return on the same bus that forms the next journey, which is the 1032 Compass Travel service 7 to Worthing (South Street), arriving there at 1110 on Saturday morning.

Andy Pacer

Established Member
Considering this is a hospital, services here aren't that frequent (there's not even a service on a Sunday!), and so we return on the same bus that forms the next journey, which is the 1032 Compass Travel service 7 to Worthing (South Street), arriving there at 1110 on Saturday morning.
I assume then we are supposing we didn't alight the bus, as it arrives and departs at the same time and is part of a terminal loop (not a terminus as such)?

Next we take the 1141 Compass Travel service 16 to Tarring, Wiston Close arriving there at 1151 on Saturday morning.

ValleyLines142

Established Member
I assume then we are supposing we didn't alight the bus, as it arrives and departs at the same time and is part of a terminal loop (not a terminus as such)?

Next we take the 1141 Compass Travel service 16 to Tarring, Wiston Close arriving there at 1151 on Saturday morning.
I believe so? I'm not entirely sure if I'm honest; with the frequency being as low as it is, I am very much under the impression that the same bus forms the next journey back, so there is no guarantee of missing it.

At the western end of this route, the last section is a one-way system, so we take the five minute walk to the bus stop opposite Glebe Road, the terminus of this service, where we board the 1253 Compass Travel service 16 to South Lancing (Old Salts Farm Road), arriving there at 1344 on Saturday afternoon.

Andy Pacer

Established Member
I believe so? I'm not entirely sure if I'm honest; with the frequency being as low as it is, I am very much under the impression that the same bus forms the next journey back, so there is no guarantee of missing it.
No problem, i'm just trying to differentiate between getting what we believe to be the same vehicle forming the return journey at a terminus (where the driver could turf everyone off and insist they reboard) and simply staying on a bus and riding round the terminal loop and getting off somewhere on the way back - does that count as two moves or is it just extending the previous?

Just been trying to decipher the 16 on Bus Times, it seems that the timetable page doesn't resemble the tracking of the buses, very confusing. The timetable screen doesn't appear to show east of Broadwater Lyons Farm Sainsburys towards Lancing (unless i'm completely misunderstanding it which is entirely possible!)

Anyhow, next we take the 1357 Stagecoach South service 700 to Shoreham by Sea, Lighthouse arriving there at 1410 on Saturday.

-Colly405-

Well, I go away for a few hours, and 16 kinds of hell break loose :D

We walk the 9 minutes for the 0.5 miles to Rectory Road stop and board the 1438 Brighton & Hove service 46 to Portslade railway station where we arrive at 1504 on Sarturday.

ValleyLines142

Established Member
Yeah that's fair enough!

We then board the 1513 Brighton and Hove service 49 to East Moulsecoomb (Birdham Road/South End), arriving there at 1608 on Saturday afternoon.

Andy Pacer

Established Member
Well, I go away for a few hours, and 16 kinds of hell break loose :D
Haha, we've been on here for years and still manage to get into pickles!

Next up we'll take the 1618 Brighton & Hove service 49 to Hove Town Hall arriving at 1711 on Saturday.

Last edited:

-Colly405-

Excellent!
We do seem to be stuck going up and down on the south coast...

Let's take the 1728 Brighton & Hove service 2, and alight at Rottingdean, White Horse at 1827 on Saturday.

ValleyLines142

Established Member
We then board the 1836 Brighton and Hove service 27 to Saltdean (Westfield Avenue North), arriving there at 1850 on Saturday evening.

Andy Pacer

Established Member
We still have few alternatives here, so we will board the 1908 Brighton & Hove service 27 to Brighton Station (Stop E) arriving there at 1958 on Saturday.

-Colly405-

Pipped at the post, that'll teach me for triple checking...

Desperate to escape the south coast, we head into the station and board 9S60 - Thameslink's 2012 service towards Cambridge - which we take as far as Stevenage at 2201 on Saturday.

Andy Pacer

Established Member
From the stop outside the station we board the 2212 Arriva Herts & Essex service 301 to Woolmer Green, Red Lion arriving there at 2224 on Saturday.