• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

the tube challenge question

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi
sorry if this is in the wrong section, if so feel free to move it.

me and my friend are attempting the tube challenge in the may half term and we know that the DLR doesnt need to be included but i found a copy of the rules and it says under section 4 - http://www.tubeforum.co.uk/rules.html - "On the Bakerloo line you are expected to go as far as Harrow and Wealdstone." does this mean that we do not have to go up to watford junction. Also are the overground lines included

thanks
mrredrunner100

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

adtrainz

The Bakerloo terminates at Harrow and Wealdstone.

And no, you don't have to do the overground.

Mods-Does this need moving to the LU sub-forum?

tractakid

Feel free to post at tubeforum.co.uk/forum/ if you want to. Lots of friendly people that are happy to give some advice if you'd like.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
By "tube" they generally mean the bona-fide tube lines, and also the sub-surface lines, basically anything operated by London Underground.

They do NOT include everything on a "tube map", ie they exclude the DLR, Croydon Tramlink, Emirates Airline, and any National Rail service (Thameslink, London Overground or any other operator).

It's effectively a London Underground Challenge.

Can I interest you in our Southern/SET/Tramlink Challenge next Saturday?

Dstock7080

Established Member
The District Line Olympia train service will be in operation on 15/16 18/19 May.
The bus service will operate on 17 May.
The train service with NOT operate on 1/2 June.

Also a reminder, that Edgware Road (Bakerloo) station closes 25 May- late December.

Last edited:

district

There will be a service to Kensington Olympia on the above days as there is an event on.

There will be a service to Kensington Olympia on the above days as there is an event on.

the special service is only for grand events i think member should reconsider his stance on this unless he has evidence to back the claim up!

and that does not detract from the trains that are scheduled to run in early morning and late evening every day mon-fri

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
the special service is only for grand events i think member should reconsider his stance on this unless he has evidence to back the claim up!
You what? I don't think there is any need to reconsider anything. Simply check the TfL journey planner and you will see that trains are running during the day on the dates quoted by Dstock7080.

Down The Tubes

An expo doesn't guarantee a District line service.

It is in the TfL journey planner but that has been wrong before now

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
An expo doesn't guarantee a District line service.
I don't believe anyone said it did?
It is in the TfL journey planner but that has been wrong before now
But it is correct, because it's also in the Traffic Circular (although the general public would not have access to that, so I thought I'd quote a source which they do!)

Well we shall see whether it is correct on the days in question as i bet my money on them pulling the service anyway it looks sporadic in the timings.i

In any case we are talking about someone doing a full network you plan for guaranteed kensington olympia scheduled timings every day hopefully gentleman in question wont require one of these special services as the famous GEOFFTECH will tell you its not reliable.

Down The Tubes

I don't believe anyone said it did?

District did, unless I've completely misunderstood him/her.

But it is correct, because it's also in the Traffic Circular (although the general public would not have access to that, so I thought I'd quote a source which they do!)

Fair enough, I merely pointed out that it was risky relying on JP (the quoted source) - which is true.

tractakid

From what I have seen in the past, freedom of information requests have produced accurate information. When the Journey Planner was incorrect, it was in contradiction to the requests.

I used the Exhibition service in February, it was running to time, as promised by the FoI request gone through late last year.

The previous tube completion I got relied on the morning trains, which were running about 40 minutes late!

Take your pick, Olympia will be a pain no matter what!
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
The District Line Olympia train service will be in operation on 15/16 18/19 May.
The bus service will operate on 17 May.
The train service with NOT operate on 1/2 June.

Also a reminder, that Edgware Road (Bakerloo) station closes 25 May- late December.

Bear in mind though- weekends always have an Olympia service, and should you find a weekend where the whole network is in operation, you'd just be doing the challenge for fun as Guinness (ridiculously) will not recognise weekend attempts.

Dstock7080

Established Member
I posted the information above (not quoting from the Journey Planner) but from the information I've officially received because of the job that I do. The information was posted to assist those in the attempt.

The bus service, provided by ECO, will operate 08:00-1900.

Bear in mind though- weekends always have an Olympia service
Precisely why I posted the NO service info above.

district

District did, unless I've completely misunderstood him/her.
Looks like you misunderstood me. I didn't say that having an expo at Olympia guaranteed a service. All I said was that there was going to be a service, as Dstock7080 has reliable information. This would indicate that some event on at Olympia.

Status
Not open for further replies.