• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Things Passengers say...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Death

Established Member
Lol, if you think it's gonna change anytime soon you're in for a shock lol...
Funnily enough, even the most homophobic of people seem to shut up suddenly if they see me reaching for my Sword... <D

...Indeed, I wonder what would happen if the gay community decided to respond to homophobia in kind? The LGBT community has had more than it's fair share of violence against it over the last 40 years, and I'm most surprised that the LGBT world hasn't retaliated against homophobia with the same (Or greater) violence than has been shown them over the years... :shock::?::?

Thinking of a few homophobes that I'm aware of; I bet they wouldn't be nearly as vocal against same-sex relationships if a gay person had a razor sharp Dirk held against their jugular... <D

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

O L Leigh

Established Member
Them: "How long will the next train be?"
Me: "4 coaches"

I've got past the problem of answering "Where does this train go, mate?" by asking where they are trying to get to. It makes things much quicker and easier than having to try and guess what information to give them.

Just pulled into Enfield Lock.
Punter: "Excuse me, mate. Do you stop at Enfield Lock?"

Mind you, the airport can be a bit fun at times. We get a lot of foreign visitors asking for "Liverpool station" when they really mean Liverpool Street. It took me a while to get used to it, but I've since stopped sending them all the way down the far end of the station for the Birmingham train with instructions to change at New Street.

O L Leigh

Death

Established Member
Keep your sword in your pants when you're near me Death!
Pardon my clarification, but the Sword that I was referring to is about 7ft long, made of Steel, very very sharp, and is about the last thing I would ever reach for in an "intimate" situation! :shock:<D
(Being a follower of a Warrior religion, I have a personal practice of keeping matters of the Sword very far seperated from matters of the flesh...)

Anyhow, here's an estimation of what I'll be saying as a passenger later on this afternoon as my train pulls into Stoke on Trent...
Zzzzzzzzzz.......... :shock:

Therefore, if anyone's working or travelling on VWC service 1H26 departing Euston at 13:00 today, please could they make sure that I'm awake just before arrival into Stoke? I'll be in Coach C, seat 2. Many thanks in advance! 8)

driver9000

Established Member
A couple of months ago at Lime Street....

Pax: is this the Wigan train?
Me: yes
Pax: does it stop at Wigan?
Pax: does it stop at Huyton?
Pax: does it stop at.....
Me: (interupting) where do you want to go?
Pax: Thetford
Me: you want the Norwich train
Pax: where is that?
Me: its just going into that tunnel, next one is in an hour
Pax: you dont go to Thetford?
Me: no

FusionRail

I work at Kettering station, and I get this alot... "can I have a return to Kettering please?"
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
How much is it to scotland?

I think I might have said that once or twice at a point of not thinking clearly :lol:

What do you do at the station?

me123

Established Member
This happened on the Airdrie train I was on today.

Automatic woman: "This is Bellgrove. This train is for Airdrie. The next stop is Carntyne"
Driver: "Passengers for Springburn, please change here.
Passenger 1: (Leaving) I thought this was the Airdrie train
Passenger 2: (Hearing Pass. 1) Is this train not for Airdrie?
Passenger 1: He said it was Springburn
Passenger 3: I thought it was change for Springburn

As you can imagine, this escalated quickly and people started to panic about where the train was going. Most of them got up and were confused. I was sitting down, enjoying the show. They blocked the doors, thus delaying the departure. The guard had to clear up the confusion to allow the train to depart. Before leaving, the driver put over another announcement: "This train is for Airdrie and will terminate at Airdrie. This is the Airdrie train" just to let them know.

Thing is, they announce transfer for Springburn at every Bellgrove call, but never before have I seen this happen.

SouthEastern-465

Established Member
Last week I was at Canary Warf DLR station and a woman said:"Is this a DLR station" and there was a announcent saying this is the DLR service to.. and then a DLR service pulled in and then she said: I guess its not than!

Status
Not open for further replies.