• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Ticket on Departure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haywain

Veteran Member
The TVMs at York are extremely slow to use now, so it is probably wise to buy tickets in advance. Many booking sites have the option to leave the return "open", but I can't see such an option on the TVMs. Maybe there's an option to just buy the ticket and be done with it, but it wasn't immediately obvious...

Select "Return within one month". That will only give open/flexible tickets.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Haywain

Veteran Member
There was a workaround mentioned in the thread on Edinburgh TVMs - something about tapping the name of the ticket when it appeared rather than selecting a train. I haven't tested it because the other thing that got mentioned was that a couple of machines in Edinburgh are still using the old software...
Machines using the old sofftware will be Virgin Trains West Coast TVMs.

takno

Established Member
Machines using the old sofftware will be Virgin Trains West Coast TVMs.

They are. I'm sure if I end up early to the station at some point I'll play with one of the new machines and figure out what's going on, but when you're in a rush and there's a queue behind you is no time for learning a new system. Unlike the old ones there's a flood of information and things which might or might not be buttons all over the screen, so finding the shortcuts takes a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.