• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Ticket Query re Next Sat

Status
Not open for further replies.

cuna84

Hi all,
I did post this query within the London Midland thread, but it appears to have been subsumed down this sub-forum. Indigo2 did kindly respond in the original thread but with the greatest of respect to Indigo2 opinion, I would like a couple of others to answer in the affirmative before I buy this ticket in confidence :).
I would like to clarify the situation regarding some possible tickets for next Sat (9th April). I will be travelling (with a Young Persons Railcard) from Kings Langley to Oxford via Euston and Paddington. Having entered in the details on the London Midland website, it gives me a fare of £10.40 return (booked online, off-peak day return). Can I check that this fare is valid all the way to Oxford even though obviously travel in London and from Paddington is not on London Midland. I see in the post by First Class (Post no4 in original thread) that the ticket is valid if no London Midland service is available. Can I get some clarification please?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Established Member
The ticket is a Route : +London therefore it is valid by any operator to Oxford and for cross London interchange on the Tube.

Only if it was a Route : London Midland Only or similar would it be restricted to a particular train company, but as London Midland don't operate to Oxford there is no tickets of this nature available.

cuna84

Many thanks for the response 323235, I forgot to add in my original post that the price offered was due to the 50% LM sale going on at the moment, which technically is only valid on LM trains but I have stated above that First Class has stated that if no London Midland service is available then it is valid on other operators

OwlMan

Established Member
..., I forgot to add in my original post that the price offered was due to the 50% LM sale going on at the moment, which technically is only valid on LM trains .....

No the LM sale is for tickets that are priced by London Midland, this does not mean that you have travel on LM trains (unless routed LM Only) and the tickets have their normal validity.

Peter

Status
Not open for further replies.