Ticket Routing Enquiry - Peterborough to Heathrow.

Discussion in 'Fares Advice & Policy' started by TheBigD, 24 Jan 2020.

1. TheBigD

TheBigD Member

Simple question, is an off peak return Peterborough to Heathrow Underground valid on any of the following routes?

1 - Via Cambridge and in to Liverpool Street.
    2 - Via Leicester and in to St Pancras.
    3 - From Corby and in to St Pancras (I can get a lift to Corby)

Kings Cross is closed on the particular weekend in September and I'm guessing there will be no trains south of Peterborough and I don't fancy Bertie the bus.

Cheers!

2. Registered users do not see these banners - join or log in today!

Rail Forums

3. Haywain

Haywain Established Member

It is only valid on the first option, via Cambridge. Expect the trains to be very busy.

4. 30907

30907 Established Member

Alternatively, you could book from Corby, and use the bus on the final leg home.

An Offpeak Return from Oakham would cover Corby and Peterborough but is considerably more expensive.

Incidentally, the only info I could find online says "reduced long distance services 5-13 September" which isn't the same as a complete closure, it suggests some platforms/running lines closed.

Last edited: 24 Jan 2020
  5. TheBigD

TheBigD Member

Ive taken it from a post on wnxx about Kings Cross works. I'll be more than happy if the Peterborough-Horsham service is still operating through the core.

6. Haywain

Haywain Established Member

No trains south of Peterborough will include those through the core which is, as it happens, south of Peterborough.

7. 30907

30907 Established Member

But that is not what the post quoted by the OP says, nor the info I found online, so it isn't relevant - unless you have a different source?

8. 717001

717001 Member

The second text you quote matches the info given here https://eastcoastupgrade.co.uk/travel-information/. So far in the project that website has been among the first to carry news re dates etc, so worth watching, particularly for info beyond 12 weeks.

(Edited to clarify I meant the 2nd text)

9. swt_passenger

swt_passenger Veteran Member

I suspect the slightly longer period 5 - 13 Sept as described, ie between Peterborough and Grantham, is for the Werrington diveunder blockade. It’s likely Peterborough to London inclusive will only be affected for the first two days but will be back to normal afterwards.