• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

TIL have sent a letter after an invalid ticket via an unreadable Railcard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

philthetube

Established Member
It won’t show who a railcard was issued to though, and doesn’t overcome the requirement to show a valid and legible railcard as part of a ticket inspection.
agreed, but if it was sold to the op then one would hope that some consideration would be given to this and it could be treated as someone unable to produce their railcard and given the one chance.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Wolfie

Established Member
Yes, i got mine through Santander and it came on a plastic card and doesn't fade, almost like a library card etc. But my girlfriend's Is a station bought, naffy card/paper one.
Not very green/eco friendly though...

Wolfie

Established Member
That's as any be, but potentially being prosecuted for having a paper version that has faded to unreadability is just plain unfriendly. :rolleyes:
I'm not arguing. My paper Annual Travelcard has similar issues.

Argyle 1980

Railcards applied for online and sent out by post are issued on plastic cards, aren't they, and presumably don't fade?

Doubt putting one of them near a heat source would be a good idea, anyway.
Dis cards have been plastic atleast 10 years. I accidentally melted one in tumble dryer after washing it along with my passport, which totally melted the front of the railcard and bent it. Date was unreadable. The passport fared slightly better but was still unusable.
I'd proper screwed myself as I was travelling up to Crewe from Folkestone that same day to house sit for my sister and already had my tickets.
Tried explaining it at Folkestone Central ticket office, but obviously they couldn't do anything as they have no control or authority to issue DPRCs. Was advised to show the semi melted artifact at Euston and see if they allowed me to travel, which they did no problem, and kindly informed the train manager too so I wasn't troubled.

Though an expensive mistake for me passport wise, I did actually get my hands on a replacement passport collected from South Africa House in Trafalgar Square two days later on way home. Two days before my replacement railcard landed on the doormat.

LCPM01

After two emails of correspondence we have just received a letter from TIL to say that the case has been closed as they cannot find any previous incidents on records. Just got away with a warning.

Fawkes Cat

Established Member
After two emails of correspondence we have just received a letter from TIL to say that the case has been closed as they cannot find any previous incidents on records. Just got away with a warning.
Thanks for letting us know. This is a good result in that your girlfriend doesn't seem to have had to pay anything. It's also helpful for us to know in case anyone else asks for our help in similar circumstances!

LCPM01

Thanks for letting us know. This is a good result in that your girlfriend doesn't seem to have had to pay anything. It's also helpful for us to know in case anyone else asks for our help in similar circumstances!
I agree, we kept saying that we cannot get the station to check it as we didn't have the half that they confiscated and eventually they sent the letter of a warning.

Status
Not open for further replies.