• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Tiverton Parkway - Moreton in Marsh return fare?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Established Member
Hi All,

What would the cheapest fare be from Tiverton Parkway - Moreton in Marsh Child RTN be?? (Travelling Thursday)

Thanks all!

Ollie

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Squaddie

Let me be the first to ask the obvious questions...

What time do you want to travel? When do you want to come back? Are you prepared to commit to certain trains or do you need to be flexible?

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Let me be the first to ask the obvious questions...

What time do you want to travel? When do you want to come back? Are you prepared to commit to certain trains or do you need to be flexible?
As the request is for the cheapest RTN fare, I am assuming Advance Singles are no use and that the passenger can travel off-peak.

Although details of the cheapest fare have been provided, it may be possible to buy a combination of tickets that may be cheaper than the through fare, in accordance with Condition 19 of the Conditions of Carriage.

If the request is in fact for the cheapest combination of tickets, then as always, I'll bow out of that on the basis that I cannot be confident of answering that accurately (and it can be very time consuming to figure this out), but I would suggest using a site like brfares.com to research splitting the journey into a combination of tickets as that may save money. MSE's Tickety Split only offers splits on single journeys but it can give an idea on where a split may work for a return.

However if the OP does some research, presents his findings so far, and would like some further help, I'd be very happy to help at that point.

Established Member
Hi,

Any suggestions of splits,singles,combinations of tickets would be greatfully appreaciated.

Also, I do not require flexibility and the outbound would be Thurday AM and Return Thursday PM.

Thanks,
Ollie.

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Assuming that you can travel after 0930, a simple linear split at Taunton, Bristol Temple Meads and Worcester Stns into four separate Off-Peak Day Returns brings the total down to £21.85. I cannot guarantee that it is the cheapest.

Established Member
Assuming that you can travel after 0930, a simple linear split at Taunton, Bristol Temple Meads and Worcester Stns into four separate Off-Peak Day Returns brings the total down to £21.85. I cannot guarantee that it is the cheapest.

Thankyou. That will be perfect! Many Thanks Everyone.

Ollie.

Status
Not open for further replies.