To Crawley via Ockley and Horsham

Status
Not open for further replies.

MK Tom

Established Member
I want to go to Crawley tomorrow, but travel via the Clapham-Horsham via Dorking and Ockley line. I'm travelling from Milton Keynes via Kensington Olympia, but the cheaper 'via Kensington' ticket isn't shown when I put in 'via Ockley' even though the normal MKC-Crawley return fare is. The journeys in question still route via Kensington, taking the 08:13 off MKC.

I'm assuming this is a system error as my route is still via Kensington. Can I use a via Kensington MKC-Crawley return to go from Clapham to Crawley via Horsham?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

CyrusWuff

Established Member
Off the top of my head, that doesn't feel like a valid route, but I'll do a RG check anyway.

Milton Keynes Central is a routeing point, and Crawley has Horsham and Three Bridges as routeing points.

Doing a fares check using current fares:
  • Milton Keynes Central - Crawley route Kensington Olympia Anytime Day Single (SDS) is £31.80
  • Horsham - Milton Keynes SDS is £32.00
  • Three Bridges - Milton Keynes SDS is £30.90

So only Three Bridges is a valid routeing point if current fares are used.

Paul Kelly

Verified Rep - BR Fares
the cheaper 'via Kensington' ticket isn't shown when I put in 'via Ockley' even though the normal MKC-Crawley return fare is. The journeys in question still route via Kensington, taking the 08:13 off MKC.
This is certainly valid on the £26.10 MKC-CRW Off-Peak Day Single route "KEN OLYMPIA". Horsham passes the fares check as a destination routeing point using NFM64 fares, as checked on http://data.atoc.org/rp_calc

You mention a return fare - when is your return journey? Does it also go via Kensington Olympia? Are you perhaps returning in the morning peak using a railcard (Senior, Family) that does not give a discount then? I think we need a bit more information - a screenshot from the booking website would be helpful, if possible.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.