• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

TOC merchandise

Status
Not open for further replies.

sciisfun

Good evening all,
Up until This evening I was unaware that anyone other than GWR had a merchandise shop, however LNER's april fools took me to their shop, and I was wondering if there was any others I had missed? for reference, this is gwr's shop (the railcard holder is very robust, and has been my daily for about 6 years now) and this is the LNER's shop.
Thanks in advance if anyone has any others.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Well I didn't know about those, and sadly I cannot offer any links to any others, but I do like the GWR shop. The socks are on my wishlist, I will say that much, and HOW MUCH do they want for those window stickers?! £270?!

LNER still charging £7.99 for a 2021 calendar seems a bit cheeky, it must be said!

Wezz

Merseyrail don't have an online shop but they do sell merch in MtoGo shops located at Liverpool South Parkway, Liverpool Central, Moorfields and Southport.

The plushie trains are great for kids albiet a bit pricey at £20 per toy.

sciisfun

Rip off!

Quite a contrast to LNER where at the end of the journey on a Mark 4 set if you ask politely you’re usually allowed to take one for free!
it is a box of 238 unused ones to be fair, and the last one available

Merseyrail don't have an online shop but they do sell merch in MtoGo shops located at Liverpool South Parkway, Liverpool Central, Moorfields and Southport.

good to know, I'm up in manchester/liverpool next weekend, I'll drag the missus in!

pieguyrob

In the LNER shop, I presume that bigjigs, is the current name for brio? It looks the same.

The GWR ticket holder looks useful, I don't know about the tie slide though.

LowLevel

Established Member
How many pockets does the GWR wallet have in it out of interest?

Techniquest

Veteran Member

I'll have to remember to divert via Central next time I'm up there then!

The soft toy trains, when I bought one in 2020, were much more sensibly priced. I have recollections of paying £14.99 for mine! Got it from the Lime Street MtoGo shop at the time, which I see doesn't exist as it was back then.

I also want to know the answer to LowLevel's question, the GWR wallet looks like a good buy. A bit more elegant than tickets in a phone case kind of desire!

Attachments

• 20220403_204929.jpg
    20220403_204929.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 133

sjpowermac

Established Member
Good evening all,
Up until This evening I was unaware that anyone other than GWR had a merchandise shop, however LNER's april fools took me to their shop, and I was wondering if there was any others I had missed? for reference, this is gwr's shop (the railcard holder is very robust, and has been my daily for about 6 years now) and this is the LNER's shop.
Thanks in advance if anyone has any others.
DRS have a shop, link here:

M7R

In the LNER shop, I presume that bigjigs, is the current name for brio? It looks the same.

The GWR ticket holder looks useful, I don't know about the tie slide though.
Big jigs and Brio is like Coke and Pepsi, same thing but different companies

gimmea50anyday

Established Member
Not quite a TOC in todays sense but NSE fans can buy NSE seat maquette socks from Southern Electric Groups website, proceeds going towards 423417’s restoration….

one for @timmydunn maybe?…

sciisfun

How many pockets does the GWR wallet have in it out of interest?
I'll have to remember to divert via Central next time I'm up there then!

The soft toy trains, when I bought one in 2020, were much more sensibly priced. I have recollections of paying £14.99 for mine! Got it from the Lime Street MtoGo shop at the time, which I see doesn't exist as it was back then.

I also want to know the answer to LowLevel's question, the GWR wallet looks like a good buy. A bit more elegant than tickets in a phone case kind of desire!
Only the two see through pockets, but they’re quite forgiving in depth, I’ve got my railcard, Oyster card, and about a dozen sentimental tickets in one side, and an assortment of tickets from my last few trips in the other. Also I don’t know if it says it on the website or not, but they are proper leather, which is a pro or a con depending on which side of the fence you stand on

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Only the two see through pockets, but they’re quite forgiving in depth, I’ve got my railcard, Oyster card, and about a dozen sentimental tickets in one side, and an assortment of tickets from my last few trips in the other. Also I don’t know if it says it on the website or not, but they are proper leather, which is a pro or a con depending on which side of the fence you stand on

Thanks! I will have to order one soon then, it will look a darn sight smarter than pulling cards and tickets out of the phone case whenever necessary. One has standards you know! :lol:

SCDR_WMR

Established Member
Out of interest, what kind of merch are people collecting/buying. Never knew such shops existed!
Would be very interested in raising this with my TOC, could just imagine some die-cast models. And my kids would love some replica brio type wooden trains

algytaylor

Out of interest, what kind of merch are people collecting/buying. Never knew such shops existed!
Would be very interested in raising this with my TOC, could just imagine some die-cast models. And my kids would love some replica brio type wooden trains
Mine too (on the brio-type trains). Surprised that no other TOC has picked up on it, my kids would love a TfW wooden train, probably end up having a bit of a collection of them!

Status
Not open for further replies.