• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

TOCs with Sundays in Working Week (Drivers / Guards)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tiptoptaff

Established Member
The Green Book Sunday section only applies to drivers recruited after harmonisation. Drivers employed pre harmonisation have their old Sunday agreement with no commitment to work their Sundays. Because of this Paddington historically linked 1 in 2 Sundays, (if you don't want to work, just throw it) the union said it would be unfair on new drivers, who in theory have a commitment, to link more than 1 in 3 Sundays (as this is the average at depots with a commitment). Doing this would have reduced the total number of crew available for Sundays so a local agreement was made whereby the LDC would continue to roster 1 in 2 Sundays but new drivers that started after harmonisation (that have a commitment) will be given a number of wild cards that they can use to throw 8 Sundays a year (taking their commitment to 17 - which is one in 3). However, because drivers with a commitment can get someone to cover their turn, having 8 wild cards effectively means that they don't have a commitment. Simple. I hope I have cleared this up.
Hmm.

Again. I'd check.

I have it in writing from DDC that local agreements can't supercede the Green Book. (Unrelated issue) and the whole point of harmonisation was to get rid of what you described.

There was no "previous contract" agreement. That's why HSS was left out of it.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

800 Driver

Hmm.

Again. I'd check.

I have it in writing from DDC that local agreements can't supercede the Green Book. (Unrelated issue) and the whole point of harmonisation was to get rid of what you described.

There was no "previous contract" agreement. That's why HSS was left out of it.
I'm a driver at Padd

LNER & AWC Train Managers are both a YES for Sundays: they are within their salaried hours and therefore considered a normal working day with no enhancements payable.

Horizon22

Established Member
Associate Staff
Jobs & Careers
Thread has been reopened as some people wanted to add new details.

golfsareus

anyone know if all Greater Angila(West) is also committed or if there’s is any different to normal Greater Angila terms? Thanks

Teddyward

anyone know if all Greater Angila(West) is also committed or if there’s is any different to normal Greater Angila terms? Thanks
Committed but something different to great eastern like if they have annual leave on a Monday they not obliged to work it. ….I think.

golfsareus

Committed but something different to great eastern like if they have annual leave on a Monday they not obliged to work it. ….I think.
Cheers cause I saw someone's contract and it says part of the normal week so unless its changed for new people or that means committed I don't know. Surly it still is committed given the basic pay compared to other Tocs.

If anyone can confirm for sure that works there that would be great.

Last edited:

Ebee

Does anyone know if the Chingford branch of Arriva Rail LO is still outside and voluntary? On another thread someone said it was outside but committed. Thanks

20atthemagnet

Does anyone know if the Chingford branch of Arriva Rail LO is still outside and voluntary? On another thread someone said it was outside but committed. Thanks
Outside committed. Unless before annual leave, then guaranteed off. Identical to GA West, which Chingford is a devolution of.

Status
Not open for further replies.