• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

TOPS Requests (including headcodes, allocations, traction, etc) [Instructions in Post 2]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

37078xotTE

Established Member
Any help would be great please on what 43002, 43185, 66783 and 66789 are working today?

Thank you
43002 11:30 1C79 PAD - PNZ, 16:55 return to PLY
43185 stopped on repairs today
66783 currently at Whitemoor
66789 worked 4M86 14:05 WHITEMOOR to BHIL US 4 08/06/18 and still there

37078xotTE

Established Member
Can anyone help me with diagrams/locations of today
I plan to be in the Birmingham area and wondered if they were due today at any point
158831 at Machynlleth

Wolverhampton
DEP 12:13 1G25
Birmingham N St 12:31 12:36 1G25
Birmingham Intnl 12:50 13:10 1D14
Birmingham N St 13:20 13:25 1D14
Wolverhampton 13:43 13:43 1D14
Shrewsbury 14:20 14:23 1D14
Wrexham General 14:59 15:00 1D14
Chester 15:20 15:25 1D14
Llandudno Jn 16:13 16:14 1D14
Bangor Gwynedd 16:38 16:39 1D14
Holyhead 17:08
153364 currently at Worcester SH CS

Clubby74

158831 at Machynlleth

Wolverhampton
DEP 12:13 1G25
Birmingham N St 12:31 12:36 1G25
Birmingham Intnl 12:50 13:10 1D14
Birmingham N St 13:20 13:25 1D14
Wolverhampton 13:43 13:43 1D14
Shrewsbury 14:20 14:23 1D14
Wrexham General 14:59 15:00 1D14
Chester 15:20 15:25 1D14
Llandudno Jn 16:13 16:14 1D14
Bangor Gwynedd 16:38 16:39 1D14
Holyhead 17:08
153364 currently at Worcester SH CS

Thanks very much!!!!

mjn

Just went past this near Duffield. Anyone know which loco was working it please?

694P 1210 Walsall Freight Terminal to Dowlow Briggs Sdgs

mjn

Also, does anyone know if 222102 and 43366 are around Derby/Sheffield way today please?

CollieDog

Hi guys - next Thursday (14th) the Royal train is heading to Runcorn. It says the Queen and Meghan will be getting the train on Wednesday 13th and then it will stop somewhere overnight and then arrive in Runcorn the next morning.

I assume its all top secret but does it appear anywhere? I assume it will be leaving Euston on Wed evening (?) but not sure how north it will get before stopping.

I also assume there will be a return working to Wolverton?

It would be nice to see it en route but not sure where abouts to go (apart from Runcorn obviously :) )

Any help/thoughts appreciated. e.g does it appear on Realtimetains at the last minute, etc, etc.

Thanks in advance,
Andy

Freightmaster

Established Member
I assume its all top secret but does it appear anywhere?
If it 'appeared' anywhere, it wouldn't be top secret!;)

Yes - but that won't appear anywhere either, I'm afraid.

It would be nice to see it en route but not sure whereabouts to go (apart from Runcorn obviously :) )
Acton Bridge?

MARK

TimboM

Established Member
Acton Bridge?
...or Hartford (just south of Acton Bridge/Runcorn) ;) https://flic.kr/p/25shrNm

It's pathing etc. is closely guarded for security reasons and consequently as Mark says you won't find it plastered around on line. On the day the actual train/headcode will appear on live signalling diagrams (e.g. Railcam / Open Train Times) but not on RTT etc. It usually runs as 1Z**. If you know when their engagements start at Runcorn you could probably work backwards and start keeping an eye on what's on the WCML heading up from London in the couple of hours beforehand.

CollieDog

...or Hartford (just south of Acton Bridge/Runcorn) ;) https://flic.kr/p/25shrNm

It's pathing etc. is closely guarded for security reasons and consequently as Mark says you won't find it plastered around on line. On the day the actual train/headcode will appear on live signalling diagrams (e.g. Railcam / Open Train Times) but not on RTT etc. It usually runs as 1Z**. If you know when their engagements start at Runcorn you could probably work backwards and start keeping an eye on what's on the WCML heading up from London in the couple of hours beforehand.

Cheers Timbo and Mark.

I thought I'd ask the question, just in case I was missing anything.

Great pic as well Timbo.

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member

Worth checking the Palace press releases as well; it's not unknown for them to put one out a couple of days beforehand which include statements saying something like "H.M. The Queen will arrive at ( station name ) at ( time ) and be greeted by ( Lord Lieutenant of whichever area )."

6Gman

Established Member
Hi guys - next Thursday (14th) the Royal train is heading to Runcorn. It says the Queen and Meghan will be getting the train on Wednesday 13th and then it will stop somewhere overnight and then arrive in Runcorn the next morning.

I assume its all top secret but does it appear anywhere? I assume it will be leaving Euston on Wed evening (?) but not sure how north it will get before stopping.

It would be nice to see it en route but not sure where abouts to go (apart from Runcorn obviously :) )

Any help/thoughts appreciated. e.g does it appear on Realtimetains at the last minute, etc, etc.

Thanks in advance,
Andy

The normal arrangement when there is a full day engagement (insofar as it is public knowledge) would see it leave Euston on the preceding evening; the royal passengers would then be tucked up in bed; the train would reach a suitable stabling position, generally in a quiet rural location where it would stand for several hours. In the morning royals wake, brush their teeth, have their breakfast etc. and the train makes its way to their alighting point.

The number of potential stabling locations is much reduced these days (the Madeley Chord between Stafford and Crewe was favoured at one time but is no longer available for example) but I'm not going to suggest any possibilities as I don't want Special Branch knocking on my door! :'(

However, bear in mind that the train could arrive from an unexpected direction. Also given the choice they prefer an arrival platform that offers level egress or the easiest route to the next leg of the journey.

Quite often they only use the train for the outward journey (because it offers a bedroom) and will return by car/ plane/ helicopter or - sometimes - they go on to stay with friends on a private basis. In these cases the ECS will return to Wolverton almost immediately.

I think that's probably all I can reasonably say.

CollieDog

The normal arrangement when there is a full day engagement (insofar as it is public knowledge) would see it leave Euston on the preceding evening; the royal passengers would then be tucked up in bed; the train would reach a suitable stabling position, generally in a quiet rural location where it would stand for several hours. In the morning royals wake, brush their teeth, have their breakfast etc. and the train makes its way to their alighting point.

The number of potential stabling locations is much reduced these days (the Madeley Chord between Stafford and Crewe was favoured at one time but is no longer available for example) but I'm not going to suggest any possibilities as I don't want Special Branch knocking on my door! :'(

However, bear in mind that the train could arrive from an unexpected direction. Also given the choice they prefer an arrival platform that offers level egress or the easiest route to the next leg of the journey.

Quite often they only use the train for the outward journey (because it offers a bedroom) and will return by car/ plane/ helicopter or - sometimes - they go on to stay with friends on a private basis. In these cases the ECS will return to Wolverton almost immediately.

I think that's probably all I can reasonably say.

Thanks 6Gman - that makes sense. I had thought that it might come from the Liverpool side (Up Ditton) to make things easier for them when they get off.

I might do as Timbo said and head to see the return working to Wolveton rather than trying to guess where to see it on the way up.

TimboM

Established Member
Thanks 6Gman - that makes sense. I had thought that it might come from the Liverpool side (Up Ditton) to make things easier for them when they get off.
Not sure there's that many "quiet rural locations" suitable for Ma'am to stable in past Runcorn on the line into Liverpool ;)

Clubby74

Further to the request yesterday. Any chance 1588831 is leaving towards Birmingham today?

Many thanks in anticipation

6Gman

Established Member
Some queries for Wednesday 6th June please:

66 on "473U" the 0925 Southampton - Garston through MKC around 1430
66 on Felixstowe - Hams Hall (?) through MKC around 1438
66 on a Down I/modal through H Hempstead around 1444 (can't trace any likely suspect)

There were 2 x 68 on a Down Nuclear Flasks at Wembley around 2015. I think they were 68018 & 68030. Can anyone confirm?

70 on an Up I/modal leaving Wembley around 2015?

Finally the 66 through Crewe (station) around 2150 on the Jaguar train from Ditton.

Thanks.

Bumped in the hope someone can still help.

railfan26

Please can I bump this from last week. Thank you very much

can someone please help with what were working the below please all on Friday 1st June. Thank you

2K13 0956 Severn Beach to Bristol Temple Meads
2V88 0853 Weymouth to Gloucester
2C18 1242 Gloucester to Frome
2C11 0941 Bristol Parkway to Bristol Temple Meads
2K16 1034 Bristol Temple Meads to Avonmouth
2K28 1434 Bristol Temple Meads to Avonmouth
1F18 1223 Portsmouth Harbour to Cardiff Central 1452

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.