• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Tottenahm Court Road to Windsor via Slough Return

Status
Not open for further replies.

mawallace

Is a couple of weeks I am travelling from Tottenham Court Road to Windsor via Slough. (returning same day)

I was going to get the Elizabeth line and then change at Slough. I then wondered about fares.

Oyster goes as far as West Drayton (is that correct) but GWR's website says

'Contactless pay as you go is available on the GWR network beyond London Zone 6 to the following stations:

• Iver
  • Langley
  • Slough
  • Windsor & Eton Central.
Then it says all Oyster products (including Oyster pay as you go, season tickets on Oyster cards, Children’s ZIP Oyster cards, 60+ London Oyster photocards and Veterans Oyster photocards) are not valid to these stations.

So, what do they mean - how does this work? What should I do - seems daft to have to get off at Paddington JUST to tap out of Oyster.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
You can use contactless from Tottenham Court Road to Windsor & Eton Central (and as far out as Reading) but Oyster can only be used as far as West Draytron.

Unless you have a railcard discount or Freedon Pass etc attached to your Oyster card then use contactless.

mawallace

So how mich is the fare - to be clear the system will work out that I got on at TCR even though that's TFL - and off at Windsor - GWR?

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
So how mich is the fare - to be clear the system will work out that I got on at TCR even though that's TFL - and off at Windsor - GWR?
The system is administered by TfL and is joined up. It will know you started at Tottenham Court Road and travelled to Windsor & Eton Central. All you have to do is touch in at Tottenham Court Road when you enter the station and touch out At Windsor & Eton (and the same on the way home).

Peak and Off Peak fares are mentioned above, the touch in time determones whether peak or off peak is charged.

Between Tottenham Court Road and Windsor & Eton Central a peak fare is charged if you touch in between 06:30 and 09:30 or beterrn 16:00 and 19:00 Mondayts to Fridays
Travel between Windsor & Eton Central and Tottenham Court Road is peak for touch-ins at WIndsor & Eton Central between 06:30 and 09:30 Mondays to Fridays (no afternon peak!)

All your journeys for a day are combined and charged as one total on your bank statement.

Status
Not open for further replies.