• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

TPE - Conductor assessment centre

Status
Not open for further replies.

DM4

Hi. I was wondering if anyone had recently gone through the conductor assessment centre with TPE? Or is there anyone currently working for TPE as a conductor that would be willing to give me some advice?

I have my assessment day next week, any advice would be more than welcome to help me with my preparation.

Thank you

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

DunfordBridge

Do you want to tell us which tests you are expecting, as per the practice material they will have sent out? I take it you are talking about stage 1.

seriously thought someone would have replied to you before now!!

DM4

Sorry I didn’t reply earlier, I had my head in the practice papers all weekend. Good news though, I managed to pass the assessment centre on monday. Keeping my fingers crossed, hopefully I get an interview with Transpennine.

Last edited:

DunfordBridge

Sorry I didn’t reply earlier, I had my head in the practice papers all weekend. Good news though, I managed to pass the assessment centre on monday. Keeping my fingers crossed, hopefully I get an interview with Transpennine.
No worries, it is good that you have found out so soon. Which depot did you apply for, I tried Scarborough.

Skoda man

I had mine on Monday too and passed all of the tests and finished with an interview, just waiting for the outcome.

Skoda man

DM4, have you heard anything yet, I've just been invited to an interview next week, interview slots are 7th and 8th of November.

DM4

Hi Skoda man. Yeah I’ve been invited to an interview also, final hurdle now. I’m assuming we were at the same assessment, was it TPE Newcastle that you attended?

Good luck!

Skoda man

Hi Skoda man. Yeah I’ve been invited to an interview also, final hurdle now. I’m assuming we were at the same assessment, was it TPE Newcastle that you attended?

Good luck!
It was, my interview is Wednesday, good luck too.

Maybe

How did you all get on? I've got a colleague who is doing the same thing for leeds was told he would hear back today but nothing so far

Skoda man

Hi, I've not heard anything yet. They said it would be today or Monday at the latest as they were also interviewing for other depots so it may take a little longer.
However, they did say there was only one position up for grabs.

DM4

Hi, yeah I haven’t heard anything back either. The position start date is the 27th so hopefully we find out Monday.

Skoda man

Hi, yeah I haven’t heard anything back either. The position start date is the 27th so hopefully we find out Monday.
It's going to be tight for whoever gets it if it's subject to passing the medical and having to supply two satisfactory references.

Skoda man

No, nothing at all, they were adamant that we'd know by today at the latest.
Ah well, guess we'll have stay in suspense for now!!!

Skoda man

How did you all get on? I've got a colleague who is doing the same thing for leeds was told he would hear back today but nothing so far
Hi Maybe, has your friend heard anything since their interview.

Maybe

No he still hasn't heard anything however he has heard rumblings that at each of the depots there where internal staff who have also applied for the roles eg catering and revenue protection, and these ones have been successful.

I must stress that this is only whispers he has heard so please don't feel to disheartened. I presume if successful you guys would have been on a training course in a couple of weeks does that sound right?

I know the first HR are quite slow at giving feedback to unsuccesfull candidates, my personal feeling is the same as my colleagues,that those that where successful have been told and before other candidates are told they haven't been successful, they will be waiting for these to pass medicals etc.

It just seems strange that nobody has heard anything, as with this short timescale and medicals/CRB checks/references to be done that you would have been told if you where successful.

For your sake however I hope I am wrong and you wake up to an email or a telephone call tomorrow.

It might be worth giving the HR a call, I'm sure there should be a telephone number on email when you've been invited to interview etc.

Best of luck and let me know how you get on,if my colleague hears anything I will let you guys know also.

Skoda man

No he still hasn't heard anything however he has heard rumblings that at each of the depots there where internal staff who have also applied for the roles eg catering and revenue protection, and these ones have been successful.

I must stress that this is only whispers he has heard so please don't feel to disheartened. I presume if successful you guys would have been on a training course in a couple of weeks does that sound right?

I know the first HR are quite slow at giving feedback to unsuccesfull candidates, my personal feeling is the same as my colleagues,that those that where successful have been told and before other candidates are told they haven't been successful, they will be waiting for these to pass medicals etc.

It just seems strange that nobody has heard anything, as with this short timescale and medicals/CRB checks/references to be done that you would have been told if you where successful.

For your sake however I hope I am wrong and you wake up to an email or a telephone call tomorrow.

It might be worth giving the HR a call, I'm sure there should be a telephone number on email when you've been invited to interview etc.

Best of luck and let me know how you get on,if my colleague hears anything I will let you guys know also.
Thanks Maybe
TBH, that's kind of what I was thinking anyway, it's just on a week since my interview so I doubt I'll be getting offered anything.
Thanks again.

Maybe

My colleague review an email from them this morning; having emailed them on tge weekend. They replied saying they ate still awaiting feedback from the interviewing manager

Skoda man

My colleague review an email from them this morning; having emailed them on tge weekend. They replied saying they ate still awaiting feedback from the interviewing manager
Thanks for that Maybe, I still haven't heard anything yet so I'll await my feedback

Maybe

Ha i have just seen my reply to you. I apologise for the spelling etc, its the damn autospell on my phone, i should take more time and correct it as and when. Anyway I hope you read between the lines of what I have said, so it might be a case that they really havent decided who to pick etc. Where there many at your assessment and did everyone pass? Any internals etc?

Skoda man

Ha i have just seen my reply to you. I apologise for the spelling etc, its the damn autospell on my phone, i should take more time and correct it as and when. Anyway I hope you read between the lines of what I have said, so it might be a case that they really havent decided who to pick etc. Where there many at your assessment and did everyone pass? Any internals etc?
Hi Maybe, don't worry about the spelling.
There were 4 of us who passed the assessment centre on our day then there were two the next day but don't know how they got on. When we got the invite to final interview there were six slots spread over two days. On our day as far as I know there were no internal applicants there.
The interview seemed to go well but you can never tell what they thought but I'm kind of resigning myself to not getting it so if I get the thanks but no thanks email I won't be too disappointed.
Thanks for the ongoing updates, it's very much appreciated.

Maybe

not a problem mate, nothing worse when your waiting for information and nothing comes. The Railway industry has a notoriously slow HR system. Anyway fingers crossed for you mate that you get the news you are hoping for tomorrow. I would imagine that Friday has to be the latest they can let people know whether they have been successful or not to get a Nov 28th start or whenever its supposed to be.

DM4

Still nothing here. I’m assuming someone has been offered the position by now and their currently getting the medical etc, anything other than that will then be a bonus.

Skoda man

I emailed First Group HR over the weekend and received an email today thanking me for my patience as they're still waiting for an update from the managers and that they'll contact me via email once they have any news.

DM4

Thank you for the update. Hopefully they have put the start date back and we might hear something soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.