• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

TPE - Conductor assessment centre

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maybe

No my pal has not heard anything either... from my personal experiences first group are noteriously slow at getting back to people. I honestly think that those that where successful at interview know by now and will be having their respective medicals etc.

As I said previously, I know for a fact that each depot there was at least one internal interviewing, so my thoughts are that they have been successful, in which case you wouldn't hear and they can move things along alot faster.
I think the wait to hear back from interviewing manager will be to perhaps give constructive feedback at interview and perhaps wether you have been successful to be put in a talent pool, that is another journey jn itself!!!

I hope I am wrong however and you all get the phonecall that you are wishing for, but being the pessimist I am, I don't think this phonecall will happen anytime soon.

Best of luck

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Maybe

I do sympathise with you... I've been there, and with first aswell... The not knowing is the frustrating part.. I wish I could say somethjng that would could offer some comfort or give you some insight but I can't. .

Anyway keep your fingers crossed and I hope you get some new soon, be it good or bad.

Maybe

My pal still has not heard anything but he has had confirmation from a manager at tpe tgat jobs where filled early last week... so just poor communication from first again, quite shocking really.

Maybe

My friend received a reply on Friday saying he had been unsuccessful for Leeds and that he has been put into a talent pool

Skoda man

Have you heard anything yet DM4, I'd probably be happy i
Skoda man have you heard back from TPE yet?
Have you heard anything yet DM4, I'd probably be happy if I was put in the talent pool for what it's worth.

DM4

Yeah I got an email this morning. I was unsuccessful for that job but I have been placed in the Talent pool, just a waiting game now. Hopefully a position comes up within the next 6 months.

Maybe do you know much about the talent pool with TPE?

Keeping my fingers crossed for you Skoda man, hopefully you'll find out soon.

Skoda man

Yeah I got an email this morning. I was unsuccessful for that job but I have been placed in the Talent pool, just a waiting game now. Hopefully a position comes up within the next 6 months.

Maybe do you know much about the talent pool with TPE?

Keeping my fingers crossed for you Skoda man, hopefully you'll find out soon.

Well done, still nothing from my end, knowing my luck I haven't made the talent pool either never mind the position we applied for.

DM4

Cheers mate. You never know, I honestly thought the same so it was a nice surprise when I got the email.

I just rang HR to get more information on the talent pool etc but they could only speak in general terms, they couldn't give me any positive information regarding a position that might come up. I will just sit tight and hope something come up at Newcastle.

Skoda man

Still nothing today so I must be on the pile marked 'reject' and will hear after Christmas!!!

Maybe

skoda man either that or you might have been succesful, its unusual for them to not contact everyone as the rejection emails are usually blanket ones.

Skoda man

As expected, I was on the reject pile, the thanks but no thanks email arrived today.
No talent pool for me so good luck DM4 I hope it works out for you and you get a place soon.
Thanks for all the support and advice, it was much appreciated.

DM4

Ah mate I feel for you. It's been a lot of stress and taken a lot patience to get this far.
Thank you Skoda man, I hope you find something soon.

Last edited:

Skoda man

TBH DM4, when I spotted the job I wasn't looking but it was something I thought I'd enjoy so went for it with a kind of what have I got to lose attitude but getting so far I thought I may be in with a chance.
I'm happy in my current job, I've been here for nearly 7 years but just really fancied a change so I'm not too disappointed, I just wish we weren't kept waiting as long that's all.
I really hope you do get a start, it looks like a great career to be in.

DM4

Yeah I'm in a similar position, I've only applied for 2 jobs in total as I'm happy where I am but a change would be nice.

At our assessment day where were you sat at the tables, to the left of the assessor or to the right? It would be nice to put a face to the name, I was sat to the right of the assessor 2nd one along closest to the door.

Skoda man

I would've been sat directly opposite you, I was second one up on the assessor's left. I was the first one to get the interview on the afternoon.

Skoda man

DM4, have you seen that TPE are advertising for a trainee conductor for Newcastle, if you're on the Talent pool you might be in with a shout.

DM4

Hello mate. Yeah they contacted me yesterday, I have just sat down to do my online assessment. I didn’t think I would have to do this again but it looks like TPE talent pool works differently to other TOCs.

The online assessment has changed as well, last time it was the standard eArcu Customer service SJT this time its enhanced eArcu customers service SJT. If it was the standard again then I wouldn’t have to sit it.

I honestly though once a role come available they would offer it to someone in the talent pool, that’s what seems to happen on every other thread I have read regarding talent pools.

DM4

Just finished, it was definitely harder this time around. It will be interesting to see how many people get through as there was only 6 of us last time around and that was doing the standard online test. Fingers crossed!

Skoda man

Wow, good luck mate.
I had signed up to the job alerts and seen the qualified conductor job then got the email about the trainee one today.
I can't apply for 6 months anyway and thought of you today with you being in the talent pool, I honestly thought they would've sent you for a medical and job done.
I doubt I would be applying in the future but I hope you get a start this time round.

DM4

Cheers mate I appreciate that. Yeah I honestly thought that’s how it would go which is why I rang them today to get more information.

Skoda man

I hope you don't have to go through the whole thing again as it was made out that if you failed then after 6 months you could reapply and you'd pick up at the stage you failed at.

DM4

By the sounds of it I don’t have to do the assessment day again thank god, hopefully if I pass the online assessment then I might go straight to consideration.

RollingOn

Got the email last night at work saying there are trainee vacancies, gone to apply now but am too late. Ah well, maybe next time.

Status
Not open for further replies.