• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

TPE - Trainee Driver - York & Manchester Piccadilly (05/08/23)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Samzino

yes, ive booked it for Tuesday. have u?
Nope just wanted to see that you have as I remember you've been trying to get to this stage so I'm glad you've reached assessment center with someone alas. I'm in London myself just waiting for some tocs to get the ball rolling with dmis

ayaz2001

Nope just wanted to see that you have as I remember you've been trying to get to this stage so I'm glad you've reached assessment center with someone alas. I'm in London myself just waiting for some tocs to get the ball rolling with dmis
yeah thanks man. but with a weeks notice and current job times, i dont think ill get thru. but as long as ive done all the tests ill be well prepped for next time.
interviews are the worse. i hate bigging myself up, but thats the sort of thing to help avoid wasting ur skills on some min wage office job.

good luck tho.

Samzino

yeah thanks man. but with a weeks notice and current job times, i dont think ill get thru. but as long as ive done all the tests ill be well prepped for next time.
interviews are the worse. i hate bigging myself up, but thats the sort of thing to help avoid wasting ur skills on some min wage office job.

good luck tho.
Dw things will ideally align. Besides with job notices if you gotta leave you gotta leave once you get that confirmed start date and contract

ayaz2001

Dw things will ideally align. Besides with job notices if you gotta leave you gotta leave once you get that confirmed start date and contract
oh i meant a weeks notice for this test, and almost having no time to practice. but yeah igu.

Samzino

oh i meant a weeks notice for this test, and almost having no time to practice. but yeah igu.
Ah tbh I don't think you'll next too long with the natural talent. Aslong ad you get a good day or two to sit down and understand the practice pack then come the day it's all about your nerves and ability. Go smash it champ!

Manda2194

Hi guys. I was hoping someone could help me.

I previously passed the tests was another toc second time around after failing the traffic test a year previously.

Tpe have told me I am out the process because I’ve failed and withdrawn my application. I can only think that’s because my scores don’t meet the enhanced standards so they are treating it as a fail.

If this is the case then fair enough but reading other threads I thought they offer you the chance to redo the tests to their standards. Can anyone shed any light on this?

CheeseNoMayo

I previously passed the tests was another toc second time around after failing the traffic test a year previously.

Tpe have told me I am out the process because I’ve failed and withdrawn my application. I can only think that’s because my scores don’t meet the enhanced standards so they are treating it as a fail.

If this is the case then fair enough but reading other threads I thought they offer you the chance to redo the tests to their standards. Can anyone shed any light on this?
Hi,

I know the rules are that you only get 2 opportunities to do your psychometrics. If you’ve failed the perception test on your second go, regardless of what TOC it’s with then my understanding of it is that you’ve used both of your “lives” unfortunately. It could also come down to wether you’ve failed that particular test to the TOC’s required enhanced standards but still passed to national standards or if you’ve flat out failed that test.

If I’m wrong then my apologies but it could be worth an email to OPC to get some clarification.

Hope you get it sorted

Manda2194

Hi,

I know the rules are that you only get 2 opportunities to do your psychometrics. If you’ve failed the perception test on your second go, regardless of what TOC it’s with then my understanding of it is that you’ve used both of your “lives” unfortunately. It could also come down to wether you’ve failed that particular test to the TOC’s required enhanced standards but still passed to national standards or if you’ve flat out failed that test.

If I’m wrong then my apologies but it could be worth an email to OPC to get some clarification.

Hope you get it sorted
Sorry I think I explained this wrong. I only ever failed the perception test once. That’s the only test I have ever failed.

Maybe the other ones were not up to tpe enhances standards but I thought you got the opportunity to redo your as there is one opc life has been lost. I’m sure that is what I have read on this forum but more than happy to be corrected.

Hopefully that clarifies what I mean. Certainly worth a chat with the opc though.

CheeseNoMayo

Sorry I think I explained this wrong. I only ever failed the perception test once. That’s the only test I have ever failed.

Maybe the other ones were not up to tpe enhances standards but I thought you got the opportunity to redo your as there is one opc life has been lost. I’m sure that is what I have read on this forum but more than happy to be corrected.

Hopefully that clarifies what I mean. Certainly worth a chat with the opc though.
Ahhh right get you!

Yeah if you’ve only ever failed the tests once then you should be able to go back and resit the ones that you failed/didn’t reach the correct standard for!

Manda2194

Ahhh right get you!

Yeah if you’ve only ever failed the tests once then you should be able to go back and resit the ones that you failed/didn’t reach the correct standard for!
That’s what I thought but like like you say worth a call to the opc. I emailed Tpe back but still waiting for a response.

It caught me but surprise but appreciate your help.

Does anyone know if there is enhanced standards on both tests. I could be wrong but I’m sure I remember reading that on here.

DM1994

Depends when you passed them? I passed mine with DB Cargo in June 2022. Walked away quite happy about it, ended up being a lost cause. I'd also applied for TPE. I got rejected, spoke to the manager who'd said they'd shortlisted me. TPE recruitment rejected me on the grounds I'd not met the required level of psychometric testing which instantly had me panicking. After another email back they actually confirmed I had passed to DBs requirement which is the national pass and I'd not met the enhanced level on one particular test. I couldn't resit because it hadn't been six months, regardless if you pass or fail you can't resit for 6 months so could it be that?

Manda2194

Depends when you passed them? I passed mine with DB Cargo in June 2022. Walked away quite happy about it, ended up being a lost cause. I'd also applied for TPE. I got rejected, spoke to the manager who'd said they'd shortlisted me. TPE recruitment rejected me on the grounds I'd not met the required level of psychometric testing which instantly had me panicking. After another email back they actually confirmed I had passed to DBs requirement which is the national pass and I'd not met the enhanced level on one particular test. I couldn't resit because it hadn't been six months, regardless if you pass or fail you can't resit for 6 months so could it be that?
Thank you for this it helps. It sounds similar to mine I am guessing I passed to national with tfw like you but I passed in November so more than 6 months.

Hopefully like you they realise I am still eligible but I assume I will have to resist the tests which isn’t ideal. I am just hoping it is just the tests that need higher scores rather than the whole lot which is what I had to do for tfw. (I failed the traffic test first time but passed the others)

Thank you for this though. I instantly started panicking too

ayaz2001

Good Luck everyone who is doing it today, make sure to stay well hydrated as todays gonna be a scorcher.

throwaway1989

I've also been invited to an assessment centre but unfortunately it lands on my honeymoon. I've told them the situation and I think it's unlikely I'll be invited again but still quite proud to have been invited in the first place! Best of luck everyone.

Samzino

All 10 made it thru? Or do TPE do it differently where they let everyone complete the whole set of tests and send results after the day?

ayaz2001

no he said it gets marked twice and he'll be done by Friday but then have to send it to tpe, so its 2+ weeks to find out the results for the paper tests. if passed we move on to computer tests, get invited etc.

feaky4

no he said it gets marked twice and he'll be done by Friday but then have to send it to tpe, so its 2+ weeks to find out the results for the paper tests. if passed we move on to computer tests, get invited etc.
how long where you there for? bit annoying its not all done one 1 day