• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

TPE - Trainee Driver - York & Manchester Piccadilly (05/08/23)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Bailey

I think it went mostly ok TRP part 1 was waaaaay easier than expected I’m confident with GB and part 2 of TRP unsure about the beeps and phone book one, I did good on just circling the things but not to confident about the beeps (way faster than expected) and the beeps while circling, have you done it yet?
Hi looking for some advice RE TRP1 & 2!!!

feaky4

Part 1 when your reading the info make notes I did bullet points, there’s certain bits of info that is pretty precise, write them down and remember that, part 2 there is a thread on this forum with example questions very similar to the real thing do them, as long as you know what your doing it makes life a lot easier, focus on the shade of colour and only worry about the numbers if there is multiple lines in same coloured section, remember accuracy is key

Bailey

Part 1 when your reading the info make notes I did bullet points, there’s certain bits of info that is pretty precise, write them down and remember that, part 2 there is a thread on this forum with example questions very similar to the real thing do them, as long as you know what your doing it makes life a lot easier, focus on the shade of colour and only worry about the numbers if there is multiple lines in same coloured section, remember accuracy is key
Many thanks, was it the “Glop” train?….I passed all the assessments at different points over the last 5yrs but three have now expired. I have heard the TRP1 test at certain TOC’s is now about a “Train braking system”

feaky4

Many thanks, was it the “Glop” train?….I passed all the assessments at different points over the last 5yrs but three have now expired. I have heard the TRP1 test at certain TOC’s is now about a “Train braking system”
you have heard correct, it’s actually really is it was the only one of the 3 I was dreading but when I got to it, it was so easy!

CharlieBoy

Me too!!!

you have heard correct, it’s actually really is it was the only one of the 3 I was dreading but when I got to it, it was so easy!
I’m new on here, looking for some help with TRP1, apparently mine will be about “Emergency Train Braking” but there not much on here. What’s the passage about it how does it go and what type of MC questions are ask……any help gratefully received

DMR203

Me too!!!

I’m new on here, looking for some help with TRP1, apparently mine will be about “Emergency Train Braking” but there not much on here. What’s the passage about it how does it go and what type of MC questions are ask……any help gratefully received
TRP1 is a pure memory test. You could be given one of several scenarios, mine was a safety procedure so don’t get hung up on trying to find specifics on a particular test. You can practice by researching memory tests in general and get used to reading passages of information and answering questions on them. Good luck

feaky4

Me too!!!

I’m new on here, looking for some help with TRP1, apparently mine will be about “Emergency Train Braking” but they’re not much on here. What’s the passage about it how does it go and what type of MC questions are ask……any help gratefully received
Don’t worry about it part 1 will be the easiest test you’ll do on stage 1, a lot of common sense bits, just make notes and read them! Ignore the passage being read out and just read it your self you’ll see specific bits of info and that’s what you’ll need to remember hard to explain but you’ll know when you see it

NorthernTech

Me too!!!

Have a read of the sticky thread at the top of the main page ‘A Career as a Train Driver’ or the ‘Assessments and Medicals master thread’. Spend time going through these threads and find all the information you require regarding applications and assessments

Last edited:

CharlieBoy

TRP1 is a pure memory test. You could be given one of several scenarios, mine was a safety procedure so don’t get hung up on trying to find specifics on a particular test. You can practice by researching memory tests in general and get used to reading passages of information and answering questions on them. Good luck
Thanks

Don’t worry about it part 1 will be the easiest test you’ll do on stage 1, a lot of common sense bits, just make notes and read them! Ignore the passage being read out and just read it your self you’ll see specific bits of info and that’s what you’ll need to remember hard to explain but you’ll know when you see it
Thanks

Thanks