• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

TPE trainee drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

8J

There are 3 courses planned for 2020 - one in February, one in June and one in October. Most likely 8 - 12 per course so I'd suspect a lot more than 10 vacancies.

Competition will be very high though!

Twotwo

Quite unusual they have a minimum and maximum height lol I'm 5ft0 and it wasn't an issue with my toc :lol:

MarkTrain

Has anyone else completed both assessments yet? I have completed the first online assessment and got a link straight away to complete the second online assessment. I have now completed the second but have yet to hear if I passed the second online assessment or not? Thanks

DJD

Has anyone else completed both assessments yet? I have completed the first online assessment and got a link straight away to complete the second online assessment. I have now completed the second but have yet to hear if I passed the second online assessment or not? Thanks

I did both, the sjt and alphanumeric checking test, I know I got them all right on the checking test. I just don’t know how it’s marked. I haven’t heard anything further. It’s just a waiting game now I suspect until they close the position and start sifting applicants for the next phase.

RHolmes

I did both, the sjt and alphanumeric checking test, I know I got them all right on the checking test. I just don’t know how it’s marked. I haven’t heard anything further. It’s just a waiting game now I suspect until they close the position and start sifting applicants for the next phase.
Alphanumeric is speed and accuracy - The most correct answers in ideally the fastest times.

The SJT will be scored something 1-4 for each, like the most ideal answer will score you 4 points, and the least ideal will score you 1, in line with the job role, company expectations and core values.
The one you pick as the most ideal will add that number to your score, and the one you pick as least ideal will deduct that value from your most ideal so if you managed to score +4 and -1 your question total would be 3. (Range being 3 to -3) and then this would be repeated for the remaining 19 questions until a total score and accuracy is drawn up.

Octopus28

My first email said;
Please note if you are applying for a Trainee Train Driver position and pass this assessment, you will receive another email shortly after completion inviting you to take part in a second assessment.

Thankfully I passed the SJT so was able to continue on and do the alphanumeric test which I completed pretty quick I think! Now it’s a waiting game....good luck everyone!! xx

feaky4

Looks like this will be my 7th attempt and 7th fail but I'll give it ago any way hope it doesn't get pulled down early

Octopus28

Looks like this will be my 7th attempt and 7th fail but I'll give it ago any way hope it doesn't get pulled down early

Just take your time and remember safety first on the railway! Get it done ASAP :) good luck

scouseyb123

On Moderation
Made a mistake on the test with the letters, thought at first was looking for where the letters the same as the others even if in a different combination if that makes sense. Did two like that before I realised it was looking just for an exact match and answered the rest I think in the way it was looking for. Probs game over for me then

Mike121

It’s long process from start to finish... but having done it myself and got the job at Tpe at the start of this year I can honestly tell you it’s worth the effort! Make sure you fully prepare for every stage! That’s the key.

CGS

My mate applied earlier and got this response within a couple of hours:

We're pleased to let you know that we have now received your completed your online assessment(s).

Whilst we endeavor to progress everyone to the next stage of the process, this is not always possible when we are dealing with high volumes of applications. On occasions like this and in the interests of fairness, we will only be able to progress those that fall within the top scoring bracket.

Due to the volume of applications we receive for these positions, it can take some time for us to provide you with an update. We will be back in touch at the earliest opportunity.

DJD

My mate applied earlier and got this response within a couple of hours:

We're pleased to let you know that we have now received your completed your online assessment(s).

Whilst we endeavor to progress everyone to the next stage of the process, this is not always possible when we are dealing with high volumes of applications. On occasions like this and in the interests of fairness, we will only be able to progress those that fall within the top scoring bracket.

Due to the volume of applications we receive for these positions, it can take some time for us to provide you with an update. We will be back in touch at the earliest opportunity.

I’ve just received that in the last hour. Good luck everyone.

fourandbov

I've also completed both assessments today, it's my first time attempting these and the Alphanumeric one wasn't laid out as I was expecting, which threw me initially.

After submitting I got the same email as above regarding receiving the assessment. Fingers crossed I've done OK.

Good luck everyone else taking the tests, I'm sure it will be extremely competitive for places on the course.

Octopus28

Haven’t received an email about going through to stage 2 or not yet...although I know there are only limited spaces! :| *gulp*

Railwayboffin

Hi guys,

I have not received a completion email after the second test either.

I am sure I answered all 40 questions correctly.

Many Thanks,

Hasan Shah

I completed it yesterday too, both tests, I guess they wont tell us until after the deadline uf we're through to the next stage or not

C J Snarzell

Established Member
I applied for a trainee conductor post with TPE based in Preston at the beginning of August and my application is still 'live' when I last checked on the First Careers site. Therefore, I would suggest it's going to be a waiting game for most of you guys! Good luck to everyone on here who's going for it. CJ

Rover77

Hi. How long after first assessment are you sent the next one if you are successful?

Rover77

I have done the sjt in the last 30 mins. No second test emailed on completion. Does that mean I failed?

feaky4

Just did the questions and the compare the 2 things test it seemed really easy still had just over 3 mins left

ash39

Established Member
Based on what I've been told about how the numbers are sifted for jobs with high volume of applicants, I would expect anyone completing the alphanumeric test without a perfect score and a completion of less than 3 minutes to be sifted out at this stage. It's a cutthroat game!

Status
Not open for further replies.