• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

TPE trainee drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

S00TY

When I look the only job is for a qualified train driver......Or am I doing something wrong??

Bluebri

I've been checking all day and I can't see a Trainee Vacancy either. Just the Blackpool Qualified Driver and a Conducter for Scotrail.

Septus

Last edited:

mickeyjenson!

I failed the train driver assessment on the 23rd of October 2013 would it be worth applying in case the assessments are at a date where I could do them. Any help would be great.

Cheers
Michael

302PS

It tells you when the assessment is on the ad
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Conductor jobs have gone on now aswell

302PS

Can't go for the driver job but might need conductor as a back up, I'd rather not lol

Danastle1992

I was really excited to find out about these roles until I read the job description and noticed they have a height limit which I don't come into. Unfortunately I'm a few inches too tall! :/

Does anyone know how strict they are on this?

Sammy h

Interesting to see that they have changed the application process. Hopefully that is good news. Seems a lot simpler to fill in anyway.

In the middle of Blackpool and Barrow, probably a tad closer to Barrow and hopefully less competition for the Barrow vacancy so I am going to apply for Barrow. Got a day off Thursday so going to fill it in then (hopefully it is still open)

I can't help but think if there is only one vacancy though that internals will also be going for it??

TheVicLine

Don't know about the internal staff going for the Guards positions but a lot of the Guards have already applied for the Trainee Driver roles (or have said they have / are going to).

big al

Does anybody know how long the training takes and how it is structured? ie do you do all the classroom work in one go, or is it spread out, and is it all 9-5 shifts or do you fall in with a mentors shift pattern?? Any info appreciated!!

driver9000

Established Member
Does anybody know how long the training takes and how it is structured? ie do you do all the classroom work in one go, or is it spread out, and is it all 9-5 shifts or do you fall in with a mentors shift pattern?? Any info appreciated!!

Typically around 10-12 months. When in the classroom you'll be on office hours and when you are handling trains gaining your hours you'll be working the shifts your Instructor is working. The classroom training is at the beginning.

PEP

Anyone have any thoughts on applying for the Conductor and Trainee Driver roles simultaneously for the same depot? Bad form?

Stott

Just completed the online verify checking test. wowwww time goes quickly on that!! :(

PEP

I thought that. I cant find anything stating one live application at once. And the site appears to allow it. Just wondering how it may be viewed if picked up on, my priority being the Driver role.

302PS

I think it shows desire join thier company, and considering there's only 1 driver job......

richie26188

what does the initial concentration test entail once you've submitted your application? Is it words / numbers / scenarios etc?

Trne123

Anyone had verifying checking test results back yet? (Sheffield trainee driver job)

Quick email responses from other bits but not heard since last test yesterday.

No news is good news though I suppose.

Good luck everyone.

Stott

Anyone had verifying checking test results back yet? (Sheffield trainee driver job)

Quick email responses from other bits but not heard since last test yesterday.

No news is good news though I suppose.

Good luck everyone.

I only did mine today, how did you find it? I wonder what the pass percentage is as I'm pretty sure not many get 100%

winefarm

Hi, does anyone know how many positions are to be filled, particularly Manchester Piccadilly as that's the one I applied for?

Status
Not open for further replies.