• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

TPE Trainee Train Drivers - Manchester & York (21/09/21)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rail87

You’re likely to receive an invitation to the first assessment stage in the coming weeks.
That assessment will probably be conducted at a hotel conference room and you will undergo the group bourdon (dots) test, error checking test, information retention test and potentially another form of test.
Thankyou for your insight. Will there be anymore online tests?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Col78

Morning all. I note that a lot of people seem to be getting progression with their applications from the entries above. Can I just clarify - are they the same applications as the ones that I have in process as below? I know that they say that they can keep applications on hold for up to 12 months so I'm not unduly concerned (yet!) but wondering/hoping if something might be dropping into my inbox soon!

1636113984160.png

NorthernTech

Morning all. I note that a lot of people seem to be getting progression with their applications from the entries above. Can I just clarify - are they the same applications as the ones that I have in process as below? I know that they say that they can keep applications on hold for up to 12 months so I'm not unduly concerned (yet!) but wondering/hoping if something might be dropping into my inbox soon!

View attachment 105215
Hi. This thread is for applications for TP Express trainee driver for Manchester and York via First Group, your applications look like they are on the DB careers page. I presume the bottom one is for Cross Country Trains, unsure of the one at Bradford, but not related to this thread. As for an answer, I think the trail went cold with the XC jobs, unsure of your other.. Railway recruitment is a cruel mistress…

Lioness

Northern have now raised from Standard to Enhanced. I have enhanced across the board and when I last applied for Northern and went for an interview last month they said I needed standard. Sadly I was unsuccessful at the DMI so just waiting on the feedback.
Sorry, just to clarify. Northern are now enhanced or standard? OPC website shows enhanced for northern but that document was from sept 2020

Horizon22

Established Member
Associate Staff
Jobs & Careers
Just a reminder this is a thread for Transpennine Express (TPE) vacanices, NOT for Northern.

Anyone interested in Northern adverts for these depots, please use the 'Search' function on the forum for the correct topic.

Columbo87

Sorry, just to clarify. Northern are now enhanced or standard? OPC website shows enhanced for northern but that document was from sept 2020
Northern now require enhanced scores on the psycometric tests. When I went for interview they asked if my tests were to enhanced standard otherwise I'd have to take them again. Thankfully mine are enhanced but I was unsuccessful in going forward anyway.

So just waiting on an interview date for TPE now.

chaser

Getting back onto the assessment day, if you pass the paper test and computer tests, is there an interview to pass? If so, what does this entail?

NorthernTech

Getting back onto the assessment day, if you pass the paper test and computer tests, is there an interview to pass? If so, what does this entail?
It’s called an MMI. Type in mmi at the top in the search bar and you’ll find loads of info.

jakecreates

done mine today, can confirm MMI was after computer tests, just awaiting result for MMI now... Good luck everyone else going through the process.

jakecreates

Was told I passed the computer tests to enhanced so I would imagine so and Manchester but assessments were in Leeds

My advice to anybody is practice. Don't listen to the people who say practice doesn't help in these exams. Turning up to the assessments prepared and knowing what each test will consist of is a major bonus. Over the past week I've spent hours practicing and doing tests from traineetraindriverinfo.com and even had the mrs putting symbols in the telephone book!

feaky4

I’m still waiting for my first assessment date for York think I have been forgotten about ha ha

BlueMike26

Was told I passed the computer tests to enhanced so I would imagine so and Manchester but assessments were in Leeds

My advice to anybody is practice. Don't listen to the people who say practice doesn't help in these exams. Turning up to the assessments prepared and knowing what each test will consist of is a major bonus. Over the past week I've spent hours practicing and doing tests from traineetraindriverinfo.com and even had the mrs putting symbols in the telephone book!
How many others were there being assessed mate? Still waiting on dates for Manchester.

alexapost

Oh my god, please stop asking the same question!! TPE require an enhanced pass. Most of the tests have a standard and an enhanced pass mark. Think there is only a couple that don’t.
well, I have tried to find out from recruitment as I have passed the tests already so I wanted to know where I stand but have not received a clear answer on which ones were the exact ones that I might or might not have to resit.

no need to cry about it... I thought this was a forum where people can ask questions freely without people having a pop at them

if you don't like what I ask you don't have to reply to it, you have every right to just ignore it

D Rivers

well, I have tried to find out from recruitment as I have passed the tests already so I wanted to know where I stand but have not received a clear answer on which ones were the exact ones that I might or might not have to resit.

no need to cry about it... I thought this was a forum where people can ask questions freely without people having a pop at them

if you don't like what I ask you don't have to reply to it, you have every right to just ignore it
I understand what you want to know but about 5 people have already told you that they’re all enhanced!

NorthernTech

York and Manchester will be a tad over an hour from London, no?

Spincity

Let’s just say TPE said one of the tests are to enhanced standard, let’s say the grey square one, what next, does that make a difference as you don’t know what your score is or what they need?.

alexapost

York and Manchester will be a tad over an hour from London, no?
they are happy for me to relocate

Let’s just say TPE said one of the tests are to enhanced standard, let’s say the grey square one, what next, does that make a difference as you don’t know what your score is or what they need?.
yes it does make a difference as I know which one to prepare for

NorthernTech

Strange, it specifically said ‘you must live within 60 mins of the depot you are applying for. Evidence will be requested…etc‘

alexapost

I think it depends on recruitment at the time, some of the TOCs were quite strict about it
guess it depends if you are internal or external as well

Spincity

Sorry what I meant was to keep asking on these forums which tests are enhanced is irrelevant, it’s not going to help you prepare. It’s about getting the TOC to confirm the tests you need to sit not which tests are enhanced

Status
Not open for further replies.