• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

TPE Trainee Train Drivers - Manchester & York (21/09/21)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magsdynamos

Just received a email from TPE to say I’m through to psychometric tests and they will be in touch shortly . This is for Manchester

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

feaky4

I can only think we maybe fell closer down the order so they're waiting on the first batch to attempt it. My SJT didn't seem consistent but it was still a pass
Yeah I was wondering that I got to 30 and I’m confident I was accurate but can never tell just hope we don’t get another email saying we will no longer be going through

Rail87

Hi everyone. I'm quite new to this forum but I got my email through for Manchester yesterday. I got to 26 on the tests and was starting to sweat it as no word i a fee weeks.

I have never gotten this far in the process before, can anyone shed some light as to whats coming next?

Trainrave

Hi everyone. I'm quite new to this forum but I got my email through for Manchester yesterday. I got to 26 on the tests and was starting to sweat it as no word i a fee weeks.

I have never gotten this far in the process before, can anyone shed some light as to whats coming next?

You’re likely to receive an invitation to the first assessment stage in the coming weeks.
That assessment will probably be conducted at a hotel conference room and you will undergo the group bourdon (dots) test, error checking test, information retention test and potentially another form of test.

YingYing

There are 2x passes national and advanced , they require the higher score hope that helps.
TOCs/FOCs that use 'advanced' pass marks set their own higher pass mark than 'standard'. They may well use the same as other companies but there isn't a universal 'enhanced' pass mark. That's what the OPC assessor told me 3 weeks ago.

feaky4

I’m still waiting to hear my date feel like I’m not going to now and probably got my email in error

Katwag1

I’m still waiting to hear my date feel like I’m not going to now and probably got my email in erro
I’m still waiting to hear my date feel like I’m not going to now and probably got my email in error
Nah they wouldn’t do that to you!! At least you’ve had that email. I’ve had nowt. I’ve never checked my emails so much in my life!

Magsdynamos

TOCs/FOCs that use 'advanced' pass marks set their own higher pass mark than 'standard'. They may well use the same as other companies but there isn't a universal 'enhanced' pass mark. That's what the OPC assessor told me 3 weeks ago.
Brill hoping I get my date soon

Nah if it was a no you would have been told no . You will be in the second batch . I know it’s hard but if it wasn’t for this forum you wouldn’t be stressing as you wouldn’t know other people had got their dates ! Stay positive

feaky4

Brill hoping I get my date soon

Nah if it was a no you would have been told no . You will be in the second batch . I know it’s hard but if it wasn’t for this forum you wouldn’t be stressing as you wouldn’t know other people had got their dates ! Stay positive
Very true I suppose just strange a lot are doing York this week and people are getting choice of a couple weeks for Manchester so it’s gona be like 3-4 weeks at least between and people from first lot might even have the second assessment date by that point

Jake7224

I just finished my assessment day. Met the enhanced for all bar the group bourdon, which I got national standard in. Unfortunately I won’t be going any further with TPE this time, but onwards and upwards!

Good luck everyone who still has their’s to come :)

alexapost

I just finished my assessment day. Met the enhanced for all bar the group bourdon, which I got national standard in. Unfortunately I won’t be going any further with TPE this time, but onwards and upwards!

well done :) a pass is a pass you can always go with other TOCs that use national standard. Which other test did they require enhanced pass marks? Was it just the group bourdon?

Did you have to do the written communication exercise as well? What was it like?

Jake7224

well done :) a pass is a pass you can always go with other TOCs that use national standard. Which other test did they require enhanced pass marks? Was it just the group bourdon?

Did you have to do the written communication exercise as well? What was it like?
Thanks :) all paper tests needed to meet enhanced standard. Memory test, telephone directory test etc. I didn’t get to the computer stage, but I believe they’re also all enhanced.

There was no written communication exercise which is good as I have terrible handwriting!

Magsdynamos

Did they tell you there and then ? At least you can use these again for another TOC

alexapost

Thanks :) all paper tests needed to meet enhanced standard. Memory test, telephone directory test etc. I didn’t get to the computer stage, but I believe they’re also all enhanced.

There was no written communication exercise which is good as I have terrible handwriting!
Thanks for clarifying. I have been trying to find out for ages contacting firstgroup but have not had a clear answer.

Jake7224

Did they tell you there and then ? At least you can use these again for another TOC
Yeah you get told after the paper tests if you’ve made the cut for the computer tests. Then after the computer test you’ll be told if you’ve made it to the interview. After the interview you get no more feedback and have to wait for TPE to get in touch, if you did well you’ll get through to the manager interview.

BlueMike26

Unlucky bud. Did you practice the group bourdon at all?

Jake7224

Unlucky bud. Did you practice the group bourdon at all?
A little but nowhere near enough, I made the mistake of practicing the materials sent by TPE which was the letter finding one. I’d never even heard of bourdon until a few days ago, but now I know for next time.

Magsdynamos

A little but nowhere near enough, I made the mistake of practicing the materials sent by TPE which was the letter finding one. I’d never even heard of bourdon until a few days ago, but now I know for next time.
Don’t be too hard on yourself ! You have a pass , loads of other companies take a national standard !!!! So many people don’t even get a national pass so please stay positive you have done amazing to get this far !!!!! Well done to you

Jake7224

Don’t be too hard on yourself ! You have a pass , loads of other companies take a national standard !!!! So many people don’t even get a national pass so please stay positive you have done amazing to get this far !!!!! Well done to you
Thanks :) I’m hoping Northern or Cross country open up recruitment for Leeds/York/Skipton area. I’ve heard rumours TPE might be recruiting again early next year too

Status
Not open for further replies.