• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

tracing an old railwayman

Status
Not open for further replies.

fordylad

Hello all, I know this is a long shot, but I'm willing to try. I am trying to trace my next door neighbour from when I was a child. He was a Train Driver "freight" from Buxton around 1990. Called Dave Jones.
The reason behind this is simple, he used to take me to work with him when I was a lad. And now 20 years later I'm driving trains for FGW and I'd very much like to thank him for starting my dream.
Any help would be much appreciated

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

deltic1989

Established Member
A longshot to answer a longshot I know but.
If Mr Jones is still in the Buxton area, then maybe the electoral roll may be of some assistance.

TDK

Established Member
Hello all, I know this is a long shot, but I'm willing to try. I am trying to trace my next door neighbour from when I was a child. He was a Train Driver "freight" from Buxton around 1990. Called Dave Jones.
The reason behind this is simple, he used to take me to work with him when I was a lad. And now 20 years later I'm driving trains for FGW and I'd very much like to thank him for starting my dream.
Any help would be much appreciated

Have you thought about contacting ASLE&F as they may have a record of him as a retired member and send him a message on your behalf?

DarloRich

Veteran Member
I was going to suggest the union alternatively you could try a tracing agent. You have a date and a time frame for them to work with. They cost between £40-£60 for a trace.

LCC106

Established Member
Or it may be worth contacting Buxton station, since I think I've been told it's a depot (and dead man's shoes so to speak...) Someone there may be able to help? Long shot, but worth a try?

Status
Not open for further replies.