• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Train Database 2020

BenW390Fan

Personally I would love to see the Class 800s/802s added to the list. Would make the database even more useful than it already is! :D
The forums also seem to be notifying people of merged posts now (albeit with the notification that new post has been made), so that might be of some interest.

-Peter
Thanks Peter, glad to hear of the forum feature. Definitely makes things a lot easier. I might have an attempts at the IEP's but in subclasses as there's so many of them. I'd have to get confirmation from @Joel_F first regarding the icons before I make a start on them :)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Peter C

Established Member
Thanks Peter, glad to hear of the forum feature. Definitely makes things a lot easier. I might have an attempts at the IEP's but in subclasses as there's so many of them. I'd have to get confirmation from @Joel_F first regarding the icons before I make a start on them :)
It definitely is a good feature; the only issue being is that I'm not sure, having spoken to an admin, if it's intentional or not!
There are lots of IETs so I fully understand that they will take a long time. Being from the GWR region I'd prefer GWR units first but if that's not practical it's perfectly alright :D

-Peter

BenW390Fan

It definitely is a good feature; the only issue being is that I'm not sure, having spoken to an admin, if it's intentional or not!
There are lots of IETs so I fully understand that they will take a long time. Being from the GWR region I'd prefer GWR units first but if that's not practical it's perfectly alright :D

-Peter
Yeah, I'd do the /0's first (just as they're in order) which should be the GWR units :)

Update 43

- Added Class 800/0's
- Updated 315812 and 315825 courtesy of @Ewan M

As always, if anything's wrong then please use the update submission form found on the first post on this page, I check it daily so don't think you'll be missed out :)

Last edited:

Peter C

Established Member
Yeah, I'd do the /0's first (just as they're in order) which should be the GWR units :)

Update 43

- Added Class 800/0's
- Updated 315812 and 315825 courtesy of @Ewan M

As always, if anything's wrong then please use the update submission form found on the first post on this page, I check it daily so don't think you'll be missed out :)
I've just had a look and it all looks really good! :D If you need the names of the units, then https://www.gwr.com/about-us/modernising-gwr/iet/named-trains will probably be of use.

-Peter

BenW390Fan

I've just had a look and it all looks really good! :D If you need the names of the units, then https://www.gwr.com/about-us/modernising-gwr/iet/named-trains will probably be of use.

-Peter
Thanks Peter! If I'm ever in need of any info on names then I'll take a look at that, thanks for pointing it out

Update 43.1

- Updated 142004, 018, 058, 065, 070, 078, 087, 090 and 094 courtesy of @NoMorePacers

Update 44

- Added Class 800/1's
- Added Class 800/2's

Update 45

- Added Class 800/3's

This now means that I've added all Class 800's to the database! Let me know what class you'd like to see next, thinking of doing the 350's

Last edited:

DBS92042

Established Member
Just a quick update on the 315s:
315803, 315806, 315808, 315822, 315827, & 315831 have all been sent for scrap

Hope this helps

On Moderation
Little update on the 168/0s, 168004 has been written off and is no longer in passenger service and is most likely stored
Other than Facebook, is there any source for this?

It still shows as a live vehicle on the national vehicle register.

Peter C

Established Member
If you're interested, 165032 has returned to Aylesbury DMU Depot from Long Marston and 165028 has gone to Long Marston from Aylesbury DMU Depot today. :)

-Peter

supervc-10

Wasn't there a plan for a hybrid drive on some 165s? More along the Toyota Prius kind of thinking than a bi-mode or anything. The name 'Hy-drive' rings a bell.

Domh245

Established Member
hydrogen rings a bell for some reason.

Probably because the first 4 letters are the same. It absolutely isn't hydrogen though - just a 'prius' style electric assist known as HyDrive

Angel Trains Limited says it has marked an important milestone in the £4 million HyDrive project with Chiltern Railways and Magtec.

The project aims to convert a DMU into a low-emission hybrid drive unit, in a bid to pave the way for decarbonisation of the UK rail industry.

Following successful modelling, design and rig testing, a Chiltern Railways Class 165 unit has arrived at Loram UK in Derby ready to be fitted with the Magtec traction motors, range extender engines and traction batteries.

The next phase of the project will be to fit out the unit, followed by slow and line-speed testing to prove the system performance and ensure safe operation.

Kevin Tribley, CEO at Angel Trains, said: “Our investment in HyDrive demonstrates our commitment to pioneering sustainable rolling stock solutions that provide the bridge between diesel and fully electric vehicles.

“Once the Class 165 HyDrive is in operation, passengers will not only benefit from reduced journey times through the improved acceleration offered by Magtec technology, but will also experience a quieter and more environmentally friendly train due to the primary battery propulsion and lower emissions.”

Mary Hewitt, Chiltern Railways Interim Managing Director, said: “We are committed to finding innovative approaches which contribute to improving air quality at our stations.

“This exciting partnership with Angel Trains represents an important step towards a greener train fleet for Chiltern Railways and for the decarbonisation of the British Railway. We look forward to welcoming customers on board once the train comes into service.”

The work however is being done at Loram Derby, not Long Marston though

Peter C

Established Member
Probably because the first 4 letters are the same. It absolutely isn't hydrogen though - just a 'prius' style electric assist known as HyDrive

The work however is being done at Loram Derby, not Long Marston though
Ah OK - somewhere I thought I saw an article about a 165 being tested for hydrogen use but that's almost certainly something I've made up given that article.

Just remembered, 165032 was the unit in the Chalfont incident so was probably just there for repairs, not sure about 028 though
I saw 165028 yesterday and there didn't seem to be anything which needed repairing on the outside which I noticed (the rear coupling was covered over but what that means I don't know). :)

-Peter

BenW390Fan

@Peter C Are those 165 units still in service or are they in storage? 032 and 018

Update 46.1

- @Joel_F has added the stunning icons for the Class 800's depicting both their 5 and 9 car variations, special liveries are said to come at a later date :)

CR165022

@Peter C Are those 165 units still in service or are they in storage? 032 and 018
032 is most likely in service again but neither are going to be stored, just going for corrosion repair, like the 350/1s etc

In other news, turns out 168004 hasn't been written off, and is being repaired (not my pic)

Attachments

• download.png
    download.png
    214.4 KB · Views: 16

BenW390Fan

165032 returned to Aylesbury DMU Depot yesterday and so should be in service and 165028 is currently not in service, being worked on at Long Marston. :)

-Peter
032 is most likely in service again but neither are going to be stored, just going for corrosion repair, like the 350/1s etc

In other news, turns out 168004 hasn't been written off, and is being repaired (not my pic)
Hm, interesting. Thanks everyone, I'll put a note next to 028 stating that it's at Long Marston for works and I'll mark 004 as in storage and will put a note stating that it's being repaired :)

Another note as well, I've just updated 43045 to out of service regarding an update submission kindly submitted by 43025 Exeter :)

Last edited:

On Moderation
Hm, interesting. Thanks everyone, I'll put a note next to 028 stating that it's at Long Marston for works and I'll mark 004 as in storage and will put a note stating that it's being repaired :)

Another note as well, I've just updated 43045 to out of service regarding an update submission kindly submitted by 43025 Exeter :)
43045 is not out of service. It’s just been spare at Neville Hill but is now on set NL03 with 43047. It should currently be working 5B57 1311 Neville Hill to Nottingham.