• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Train Database 2020

Peter C

Established Member
Just seen on Twitter (https://twitter.com/RailFreight/status/1288835068752953344) that 90014 has just been named Over The Rainbow in recognition of the NHS and key workers in their roles during the pandemic.

Freightliner on Twitter (https://twitter.com/RailFreight/status/1288835068752953344) said:
We proudly present 'Over The Rainbow' recognising all key workers delivering vital goods and supplies during these challenging times. #keyworkers #StaySafe #overtherainbow

-Peter

EDIT (New bit):

Also this:
Richard Clinnick (@richard_rail) on Twitter said:
@LNER has put 801230 into traffic today, while 801210 has begun mileage accumulation. This leaves 801212 as the last of the 122-strong IEP order to be delivered.

Not sure if it is of any interest/use but I thought I might as well put it on here. :)

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Peter C

Established Member
I've just been having a look at the database and noticed that D1015 (Class 52) is described as being in "BR Turquoise". I know I am being extremely picky here, but I think it's called "chromatic blue". It's quite an interesting subject, the origins of which being impossible to find! I made a thread on the subject a while ago. I apologise in advance for confusion and many hours spent trying to work out chromatic blue's differences from normal BR blue!

-Peter

BenW390Fan

I've just been having a look at the database and noticed that D1015 (Class 52) is described as being in "BR Turquoise". I know I am being extremely picky here, but I think it's called "chromatic blue". It's quite an interesting subject, the origins of which being impossible to find! I made a thread on the subject a while ago. I apologise in advance for confusion and many hours spent trying to work out chromatic blue's differences from normal BR blue!

-Peter
Thanks for that, just had a read through the thread and it's interesting to see such an interest for a small colour change :lol: I'll get that updated now :)

Peter C

Established Member
Thanks for that, just had a read through the thread and it's interesting to see such an interest for a small colour change :lol: I'll get that updated now :)
You're welcome :) It's one of several things on the railway which you can just research and go on about for ages and ages...!

-Peter

BenW390Fan

I'm currently going through the process of updating the 47's so if you see anything change don't be alarmed :)

Just to note as well, I do check the update submission daily so if it doesn't get updated instantly don't think it's because you're being ignored, I really appreciate the updates people are submitting. I'm just waiting on confirmation for 175101

BenW390Fan

Hi all, apologies for the lack of updates. Rest assured work is still ongoing on adding new submissions and I'm still checking the update submission form daily and a thank you to those that submitted updates, much appreciated! I'll try and get an update posted soon for you all :)

BenW390Fan

Update 41.1

- @Joel_F has added images for all Class 314's and Class 375's. A big thank you to him! The 375's also denote which units are 3 car and others 4 car.

Just had a look and it looks really good! The images are good as well.

-Peter :)
Thank you! The images are absolutely stunning, he's done a fantastic job as usual on them

BenW390Fan

Update 42.2

- @Joel_F has once again been hard at works on the images and has added all of the Class 315 images including Ex - TFL LO liveries

BenW390Fan

I'll be taking a short break from updates on the database, until around next week so I can have a break as me and Joel have been working extremely hard to get updates posted, not including the work 'behind the scenes' too. I hope you can all understand :)

Peter C

Established Member
I'm really liking the work that's been going into this database - the information you're providing I can see being very useful when out and about. :) I look forward to seeing what will happen with it in the future!

-Peter

BenW390Fan

I'm really liking the work that's been going into this database - the information you're providing I can see being very useful when out and about. :) I look forward to seeing what will happen with it in the future!

-Peter
Thank you so much! :D

Update 42.3

- Updated 175101 courtesy of someone submitting via the stock update submission form
- Updated 150107

Update 42.4

- Updated 43076 courtesy of @Peter C

Last edited:

The_Train

Established Member
Keep up the good work Ben.....and you can get your next update posted now ;)

Established Member
Thanks haha. It's a tad annoying but hey ho :p

Update 42.4

- Updated 43076 courtesy of @Peter C

Update 42.5

- Updated 222011

If you want to use my blog for any Merseyrail or Northern updates, please feel free to do so.

Also, have you thought about adding depot allocations too?

BenW390Fan

If you want to use my blog for any Merseyrail or Northern updates, please feel free to do so.

Also, have you thought about adding depot allocations too?
Thanks, if I do I'll credit you :)

I did at first but I realised Trainlogger has depot allocations as part of their upgraded account scheme so I didn't want to copy them

Update 42.6

- Updated 150002 courtesy of @Murray J
- Updated 222010, 011 and 101 courtesy of @CR165022 and @Murray J
- Updated 322483, 484 and 485 courtesy of @Murray J

Update 42.7

- @Joel_F has kindly updated 150002's icon regarding the recent livery change and has updated the 313 icons to fit the page better

Update 42.8

- Updated 170635 to 170535 and updated its icon courtesy of @Spirit555 and somebody submitting the update via the form :)

Last edited:

Peter C

Established Member
I'll be taking a break from now until unknown due to personal stuff, I'm really sorry
That's perfectly alright - you take as much time as you need. :)
The database is really useful to see what's what so you've done a good job so far!

-Peter

BenW390Fan

That's perfectly alright - you take as much time as you need. :)
The database is really useful to see what's what so you've done a good job so far!

-Peter
Thanks Peter, so happy to hear that mine and Joel's work has meant something
No problem at all Ben, I hope everything is alright with you!
Thanks Joel, same with you. Sorry for not being in contact recently, haven't had much time

Hi everyone, I'm just asking you all what unit or loco you would like to see added to the list next. I started the 321's a few weeks back but haven't got round to finishing them so in the meantime, I'm curious as to whether you'd like to see Class 350's or another sort of Electrostar added. Let me know! :D

Last edited:

Peter C

Established Member
Thanks Peter, so happy to hear that mine and Joel's work has meant something

Thanks Joel, same with you. Sorry for not being in contact recently, haven't had much time

Hi everyone, I'm just asking you all what unit or loco you would like to see added to the list next. I started the 321's a few weeks back but haven't got round to finishing them so in the meantime, I'm curious as to whether you'd like to see Class 350's or another sort of Electrostar added. Let me know! :D
Personally I would love to see the Class 800s/802s added to the list. Would make the database even more useful than it already is! :D
The forums also seem to be notifying people of merged posts now (albeit with the notification that new post has been made), so that might be of some interest.

-Peter