• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Train Databases: Avaliable for download

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dai.

Established Member
I've uploaded to train sheets to my hosting provided a link can be found in the last post http://www.railforums.co.uk/showthread.php?p=346477#post346477

This is so you can keep a record of the trains you've spotted on your computer.

picture2.jpg

picture3.jpg

picture1.jpg

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
lt says l don't have permission to access it.

rww100

I would love if you could suggest some information to add to it. At the moment it's nothing special but I never know what to put on these :P

What about a TOC/FOC category, or names, or extra details eg. running light engine.

I used to do one on paper and computer, and also ticked off things when I saw them on fleet lists I printed off from the junction. I don't keep track of numbers anymore since it takes time to keep up to date with it lol, and I don't really have time any more. :(

Dai.

Established Member
What about a TOC/FOC category, or names, or extra details eg. running light engine.

Explain running light engine if you could, thank you.

TOC = Train Operating Company is an idea I've never thought about but now you mention it, it's a good idea to add!

Edit - Bookmarked thejunction, thanks for the link, didn't spot it first time over

Last edited:

Looks pretty good that, using a speadsheet to store that kind of data is a great idea :)

I keep one for my loco sightings, ever since I started it I've never looked back!

Dai.

Established Member
Looks pretty good that, using a speadsheet to store that kind of data is a great idea :)

I keep one for my loco sightings, ever since I started it I've never looked back!

I did have another one but didn't have dates, which I found to be a major flaw.. so I added dates and plan to restart :D

Also rww100 I've added a 'Train Operating Company' section

[also, feel free to use this yourself if you don't already have one]

A light engine is a loco say for instance a 37 running just on its own, with no carriages on the back or anything, like this

19968.jpg

Dai.

Established Member
A light engine is a loco say for instance a 37 running just on its own, with no carriages on the back or anything, like this

<picture>

I've learnt something!

That's a good idea aswell,
thank you thank you,

i'll put it so you can have yes or no on the spreadsheet, on the excel version I can put a drop down box :D

rww100

I did have another one but didn't have dates, which I found to be a major flaw.. so I added dates and plan to restart :D

Also rww100 I've added a 'Train Operating Company' section

[also, feel free to use this yourself if you don't already have one]

lol, I already have one, but gave up on it :lol:. I did my one as a database though so that I could print out reports etc

JustinStacey.x beat me to answering your question reagarding light engine <(

Dai.

Established Member
lol, I already have one, but gave up on it :lol:. I did my one as a database though so that I could print out reports etc

JustinStacey.x beat me to answering your question reagarding light engine <(

Yeah I know you don't use one anymore :P
it was aimed at the global forum, I'll upload the .xml version of it and make one in access for people too, put my geekyness to some use.

And yes! Too slow in the question answering section there.

Dai.

Established Member
I didn't see it at first, I had to read the post a couple times, considering it was around 1 - 2am :P

EDIT - click here to find information about and download Excel and Access Train Database sheets.

If you don't like them or have improvements then feel free to tell :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.