• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Train driver Awareness and recognition Test

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Theoboy,

Would you be able to send me some practice materials for both stages of the tests. I do not think I will receive any so it would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

DRS66421

Does anyone know how many times you can sit the the OPC Visual Search Exercise and the Magnificent 7 Situational Judgement Test that you do at home?
Does anyone know if this is stage 1 of the OPC tests?
What would be your best advice for passing these?
In my late teens and trying to get my foot in the door. It’s a daily battle for me.
Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated.
Many thanks.

Stigy

Established Member
Does anyone know how many times you can sit the the OPC Visual Search Exercise and the Magnificent 7 Situational Judgement Test that you do at home?
Does anyone know if this is stage 1 of the OPC tests?
What would be your best advice for passing these?
In my late teens and trying to get my foot in the door. It’s a daily battle for me.
Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated.
Many thanks.
1. You can sit it as many times as you like, but cannot fail it twice and have a third go. Apparently and as silly as it seems.

No, this is NOT stage one. Stage one will be conducted at an assessment centre. Some TOCs/FOCs do things differently, but it’s generally in two stages.

DRS66421

1. You can sit it as many times as you like, but cannot fail it twice and have a third go. Apparently and as silly as it seems.

No, this is NOT stage one. Stage one will be conducted at an assessment centre. Some TOCs/FOCs do things differently, but it’s generally in two stages.
Many thanks for your help.

Pointy End

Does anyone know if Theoboy is still making the material available?

Could I request a copy if it is?
Thanks

Valerian

@Theooboy May I attach my carriage to this ride please and could you also send me the assessment software too? I would greatly appreciate it, many kindness. :)

Speedy1234

Theooboy, any chance i could recieve the assesment materials also please mate? Couldnt pm you, this is my first post mind you.

Cheers in advance

Slipper

Hi, theooboy have you still got the software? If you have could you pm thanks

Owen2323

If you want I can send you the WAFV, ATAVT and depending on what TOC you are doing the VSE for free it normally costs 30 pounds each I think but I don’t mind sending it for free :)

Any chance I can have a copy of these please Josh? Thanks

JRE

I will send you the software I just saw you inbox message sorry
Hi Theooboy, I don't suppose you still have this software to share, do you?

I've got my final shot at the assessments next week, and I'm more nervous about the ATAVT than anything else... thanks for any help!

James.

Ian92

I passed my mainline driver assessment in December and for each of the computer test you get a practice session which you can complete as many times as you want . The real one to watch out for is the everyday awareness as the pictures are shown for a split second. I would relax and just enjoy the experience as i found I hyped myself up worrying about it as I read to far into threads and hearsay. I can reassure anyone who is worried they make sure your relaxed under stand each instruction for each test and you’ll be notified as to weather you’ve passed or failed. Good luck everyone got my fingers crossed for everyone .

Ian92

Anthony R

I passed my mainline driver assessment in December and for each of the computer test you get a practice session which you can complete as many times as you want . The real one to watch out for is the everyday awareness as the pictures are shown for a split second. I would relax and just enjoy the experience as i found I hyped myself up worrying about it as I read to far into threads and hearsay. I can reassure anyone who is worried they make sure your relaxed under stand each instruction for each test and you’ll be notified as to weather you’ve passed or failed. Good luck everyone got my fingers crossed for everyone .

Ian92
May I ask, the phone book test with the bleeps. When you do them all combined, do you still have to differentiate between high and low beeps like the intial test. Or do you simply have to count all the beeps when combined with the phone book test. I did a practice test and when combined didn't require you to ignore the high tones as there just were not any?

Many thanks to you and a happy new year.

Ian92

Hi Antony R

That test was testing but from what I remember your given a card of symbols to look out for whilst looking for certain numbers with the matching symbols next to it which on my day was symbols that matched which made things a lot easier there was the beep test which starts with a low tone on all tests it is started with a low tone you can’t show that your counting as you will be automatically barred from the test and have mark against your name for future tests with different tocs as they all share the same database. If you go on YouTube there is plenty of material to help but on the day it’s relaxed and you get practice goes but it’s only one practice they will ask if you understand if you don’t or not to sure take advantage and ask them to explain because it’s invaluable for you to understand and show that even if you don’t understand your able to ask. I wish you good luck and I’m sure you’ll be fine. Just take it slowly if you don’t understand or are unsure ASK

Faz.M

Hi there @Theooboy, being really cheeky but would it be possible for you to upload this link again please or send me any material that may help? thanks

jsid

Hi, I currently have a train driver assessment test coming up, does anyone have any free bits online that may help? Thank you

Pilotman

If it helps, there is a lot of training material and tests on uktrainingsolutions.com, most of it is free but the SCAAT test is a cheaper version than the normal official one but is very much the same. In addition, when you become a trainee driver the other modules are absolutely free.

Status
Not open for further replies.