• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Train fails to stop at Pilning

Status
Not open for further replies.

bramling

Veteran Member
I get the sentiment.

But the reality is that the BTP won’t be interested (and they’re spread ridiculously thin), so that announcement would be toothless.

The kind of person who openly smokes weed on a train is the kind of person who has nothing to lose, and wouldn’t be remotely phased by an announcement like that.

Spot on IMO.

I know someone who has a variation on the theme. Not for use in a specific situation, but a more general something along the lines of "We are now approaching X, please be aware there is a joint revenue and police operation taking place here today. Upon arrival you will be required to show your valid ticket, there are also random searches taking place including body scanning for weapons and illegal substances". This does seem to raise a few worried looks, if done at the right locations.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Bromley boy

Established Member
Spot on IMO.

I know someone who has a variation on the theme. Not for use in a specific situation, but a more general something along the lines of "We are now approaching X, please be aware there is a joint revenue and police operation taking place here today. Upon arrival you will be required to show your valid ticket, there are also random searches taking place including body scanning for weapons and illegal substances". This does seem to raise a few worried looks, if done at the right locations.

One type of stock I sign has an automatic announcement stating “a ticket check will be taking place, please have tickets and passes ready”.

I take perverse pleasure in playing it randomly and seeing a couple of dozen people jump off the train (at the wrong station for them) each time.

The only better pleasure is successfully locking someone out when they run between our non-gangwayed units on the last train down. If you time it right you hit door close just as they reach for the open button. It locks shut immediately and doesn’t open.

They then run back towards the door they exited from which also closes before they reach it.

Take power, hold it on the hillstart, release as soon as they stop woodpeckering and glide out of the the platform...

Sayonara!

Some things in life are priceless, for everything else there’s MasterCard (or whatever the phrase is).

Status
Not open for further replies.