• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Train fine appeal still got no response

insomniac1994

I got a train fine on 21st April due to going onto the wrong train time with my ticket. I thought I'd bought an open day ticket but it was an advanced ticket and I'd got on the service after the one I was supposed to. It was a genuine mistake because trainline has always gave me open day tickets so I can use them on any time of the day.

So anyway I did send an appeal to it, I'm not expecting it to be successful, but I still haven't received a reply about it. The 21days is up next Sunday so I'm worried if I don't get the response back in time I'll have to pay double and I really can't afford it due to being on maternity leave.

Does the 21 days freeze while an appeal is in process? And then if I get a response the 21 days will resume?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

island

Veteran Member
The period to pay at the reduced rate is frozen whilst the appeal is pending.

Fermiboson

You do want to check spam mail, physical correspondence etc. carefully to ensure that there has actually been no response, or worse that the penalty fare has not been withdrawn in lieu of a prosecution starting. You should be very attentive to any correspondence you may receive.

That said, the penalty fares appeal services does often take longer than reasonable to get back to people, so you don’t need to fret just yet.