• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Train guards / train conductor

Status
Not open for further replies.

gunning7

Hi folks hearing that the railway are looking to do away with guards in the near future and have ticket barriers at all stations really concerned as I have been a guard for 3 years and love my job anyone shed any light on this ???

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Electra91

Hi folks hearing that the railway are looking to do away with guards in the near future and have ticket barriers at all stations really concerned as I have been a guard for 3 years and love my job anyone shed any light on this ???

If you've been a Guard for 3 years surely you'd appreciate that ticket barriers at stations don't have any impact on the main reason for you being on the train? Revenue duties are important but by no means the main part of the job.

302PS

If you've been a guard for 3 years you should have some in sight as to what has been proposed

Jonfun

Established Member
Have you missed all the stuff from the union with relation to the current high profile dispute with FGW in relation to axing Guards?

craigybagel

Established Member
Or indeed listened to any of the conversations in your mess room.....

Sorry, but something doesn't add up here!

Gemz91

I'd like to think if you have been a guard for three years, you'd realise your job is more then just checking tickets.

I wouldn't be worried about losing your job if I were you, don't think anyone is going to give you one
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
I'd like to think if you have been a guard for three years, you'd realise your job is more then just checking tickets.

Is it? Damn, that's where I've been going wrong then.

Status
Not open for further replies.