• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trainee/Apprentice Drivers - Various Locations - Chiltern (19/07/22)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sheikhabdul

I’m currently on a training course with chiltern. I understand that recruitment is currently being done in waves, so rest a little if you haven’t heard anything for anywhere yet, it may be a few months before they come around to you.
Vehemently speaking Chiltern systematically run foreseeable non employees whereas currently TOCs utilize Talent Pool

Did you apply for one of those in particular? If you don't mind me asking. Because when I applied I didn't see an option to pick which one I was applying to (I live the same travel time from both!)
Ultimately speaking the preferences last year intake whereas are Marylebone & Aylesbury the intake currently are Marylebone,Banbury & Aylesbury

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

IFeelTheNeed

I’m currently on a training course with chiltern. I understand that recruitment is currently being done in waves, so rest a little if you haven’t heard anything for anywhere yet, it may be a few months before they come around to you.
Thanks.

How are you finding the training course? All positives? (apart from training salary...)

Winnie999

Did you apply for one of those in particular? If you don't mind me asking. Because when I applied I didn't see an option to pick which one I was applying to (I live the same travel time from both!)
Omg me too I live in between both depots I just applied for the trainee train driver role which came up
Whereby it said Aylesbury/Marylebone so I’m not entirely sure. I received confirmation they got my application on the 1st of August and I had to do a screening that’s all!

Thank you that’s reassuring:)

sheikhabdul

Impartially speaking nor undermine Chiltern/TFL relentlessly hire their Admin/CSA employees predominately whereas their are desirably adaptive rail employees regardless

Cjay144

No 15 minute shuttle routes. Plus they have Oxford, MYB to Aylesbury via MET Line and Via High Wycombe.

Class2ldn

Chiltern are generally regarded as one if the better firms to work for.
Had quite a few leave to go there at my old place.

Last edited:

warwickshire

On Moderation
Well, London Marylebone to Birmingham and London to Aylesbury

and a couple of 15minute ?shuttle? routes
Not forgetting to Stratford Upon Avon via Hatton and Claverdon.
Then the flagship Locomotive Hauled services to Kidderminster from Birmingham. However for trainees it's a two year wait being solo. Before they Handle them.

warwickshire

On Moderation
Not forgetting to Stratford Upon Avon via Hatton and Claverdon.
Then the flagship Locomotive Hauled services to Kidderminster from Birmingham. However for trainees it's a two year wait being solo. Before they Handle them.
NB locomotive services for clarity are London Marylebone to Oxford/Kidderminster at present.
Once again However it's two years solo before trainees learn 68s and the Dvts.

sheikhabdul

Objectively speaking whereas Chiltern December 5 launch usually post psychometric/interview stage

Unimaginably speaking the Chiltern applicant system will eventually peak around the thousands the years recently each applicant are responded whereas end of process/assessment

Last edited:

Jamdong02

Omg me too I live in between both depots I just applied for the trainee train driver role which came up
Whereby it said Aylesbury/Marylebone so I’m not entirely sure. I received confirmation they got my application on the 1st of August and I had to do a screening that’s all!

Thank you that’s reassuring:)
how would you know if you get shortlisted? I applied for a position and they've replied to me with the questionnaire which they said would be used for screening etc. I have since not heard anything back as yet and this has been exactly 2 months ago.

IFeelTheNeed

how would you know if you get shortlisted? I applied for a position and they've replied to me with the questionnaire which they said would be used for screening etc. I have since not heard anything back as yet and this has been exactly 2 months ago.
I am in the same boat. Have you done the OPC assessments and passed them before?

Status
Not open for further replies.