• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trainee Conductor - Southeastern

Status
Not open for further replies.

CFRAIL

Trainee Conductor roles advertised. I believe the Tonbridge reference may just be because that's where the assessment centre is likely to be

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Ellwill

I'm currently in process for this. Contrary to what it says, this isn't strictly in Tonbridge as SE are also currently hiring for Ashford and Gillingham as well.

A few tips and tricks:
- Applications are filtered by the customer service competency questionnaire which you fill out, HR will only see it if you achieve a good enough score on this
- If your application makes it through, you will be emailed a link to complete some online tests. These are verbal reasoning, maths and a checking test. The first two are to at least GCSE standard, although you will be able to complete a practice section for all three.
- Once you pass those three tests, you will be invited to an assessment morning at SE's recruitment and training centre in Tonbridge. You will be provided with a Day Pass entitling you to free travel to get to and from the venue. However, when attending you must ensure you take your passport (failing that your birth certificate, proof of national insurance and driving license) as not only will HR need it as proof of your right to work, but it will also be needed to use the aforementioned day pass
- The assessment morning will consist of a Group Bourdon test & the OPC's ticket selling and checking test, or TSCT. If you pass both of these you will then move onto a one on one customer service roleplay scenario with the assessor. Once you have passed this, the assessor will ask which conductor depot you intend to work from.

(I will update this with more information once I have moved a little further through the process)

Jacko77

Thank you for providing this information. I have been through part of the process. My next step is to attend the assessment centre. I’m worried about the role-play aspects because I don’t go very well at those. Hopefully I can get past that.

Do you know at what stage there will be an interview as I noticed you posted this in February and you have not updated. Did you get the job, have you started the training? How is it going?

Status
Not open for further replies.