• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trainee Depot Driver - Derby

Status
Not open for further replies.

DriverToBe

Put mine in. I applied when they were recruiting for Nottingham and Derby but messed up the DM interview. Will be better prepared this time.....I hope.

What was the DM interview like? I managed to mess up a DMI at Govia

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Downsey

I have also applied for this position, i am wondering if anyone knows exactly what tests they use and is there anyway to research them etc?
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
"Natural progression for Depot Drivers is to become the Mainline Drivers of the future. This is an exciting and challenging opportunity to begin a fulfilling career with East Midlands Trains"

And i took that quote straight from the job advert for anyone who was asking

Urobach

"Natural progression for Depot Drivers is to become the Mainline Drivers of the future. This is an exciting and challenging opportunity to begin a fulfilling career with East Midlands Trains"

And i took that quote straight from the job advert for anyone who was asking

That is the only realistic way as a trainee you can become a mainline driver at EMT and indeed the path I took

nick40uk

Any advice on the tests etc if i should be so lucky to get shortlisted?

They will send you practice material but the best advice is to make sure you understand what is required and if you're not sure, to ask.
What was the DM interview like? I managed to mess up a DMI at Govia

Hard. They ask for examples of various situations, what you know about the company, etc. Research that as much as possible

yerman164

Does anyone know if there is a lower salary whilst training or do you get the advertised salary straight away?

Kev.

afternoon guys/girls.
reference the application form I notice that a CV is not highlighted as compulsory unlike the 6 questions ,would I be right in thinking as there is no part of the application for your personal details e,g, past careers ,achievements etc that you need to attach one (sorry if I answered my own question).
thanks

On the jobsite advert for this job it states the following at the very end

To apply please complete the online application form and upload your CV.

Hope this helps

Ajking

Applied for this fingers crossed it's the opportunity I've been waiting for.Any idea when the decision will be made if excepted for the next step or not?

Thanks

Last edited:

Downsey

Ive been told on the phone that it will either be this friday or following monday

Kev.

Ive been told on the phone that it will either be this friday or following monday

Downsey, do you know if they contact you via telephone or email? I'm asking because I've applied and I will be out of the country this weekend.

Kev

Downsey

Yeah she said via email, she seemed pretty certain that it would be either the friday or monday so fingers crossed

Amberk

Hi guys! I'm new here, I've also applied for this post at EMT my first application for a job within the railway industry so fingers crossed I answered the questions ok!

Amberk

Nope nothing yet
What kind of background do you guys have?

Canonite

Nothing here either.
Maybe we're all that awesome that they can't decide so they're gonna give us all a job.
Ok maybe not ??????

MrJB

I hate this suspense.
It's my first job application in over 12 years and my toughest, so I'm not holding my breath to be honest.

Good luck to all those who applied.

DriverToBe

I hate this suspense.
It's my first job application in over 12 years and my toughest, so I'm not holding my breath to be honest.

Good luck to all those who applied.

This is the 3rd trainee job I've applied for and all I can say get used to suspense and long long waits for news, it is painful at times but I know it will be worth it one day.

MrJB

This is the 3rd trainee job I've applied for and all I can say get used to suspense and long long waits for news, it is painful at times but I know it will be worth it one day.

Different TOC's or the same?

Ajking

Hi just to keep you informed I've just phoned them regarding the application and they said they will let me know by the end of the week as going through the applications now.

Good luck people.

Ajking

Didn't get her name but could be possible you could still hear from them today she just said "going through the applications now and you will hear back by end of the week" must be a lot of interest in this vacancy.

Canonite

Didn't get her name but could be possible you could still hear from them today she just said "going through the applications now and you will hear back by end of the week" must be a lot of interest in this vacancy.

Any trainee driver role will initially get loads of applicants. It must be hard having to whittle them down, I do wonder if they bother to go through every one or whether they just reject loads simply to get numbers down without even looking?

MrJB

Any trainee driver role will initially get loads of applicants. It must be hard having to whittle them down, I do wonder if they bother to go through every one or whether they just reject loads simply to get numbers down without even looking?

I've been told before a human even gets to look at them, a computer first scans them to identify any spelling mistakes, if any are found, it is rejected.

No idea if that is true or not.

Downsey

I gave then another quick call just now and they said they are just finishing up marking the applications and they will email us later this week guya

MichaelAMW

I've been told before a human even gets to look at them, a computer first scans them to identify any spelling mistakes, if any are found, it is rejected.

No idea if that is true or not.

I suspect, having done more or less the same in public-sector recruitment, that screening the forms like this and seeing how you communicate in your interview replace the communication tests that others have mentioned used to be done in the past. I have no idea if this is true in this particular case; merely saying I have been involved in sifts myself where this has been done. It's a bit crude but where do you start with the best part of (guess?) 1000 applicants?!

Status
Not open for further replies.