• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trainee Depot Driver - Derby

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trico382

I received the confirmation letter re talent pool via email but not heard anything since that.

Re the dress code, I wore a suit to all stages but as I said there was people just dressed smartly and it didn't seem to be an issue. I played it safe with the suit but also its because I felt comfortable doing so. Good luck!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Dave1709

Along with a few others on here I've got my Stage 1 next week on 3rd March, getting quite nervous now!
Can anyone tell me what dress code would be expected on the day please?

PS Congratulations to all those already passed!!

I went smart casual and passed it all just suited and booted for the DMI

Joshie Babie

Hi guys,

Has anybody received the Talent Pool confirmation letter via email or been contacted regarding the medical/training course yet?
Hi BB3, I had my medical last week and passed. I have been given April 11th Start date. I have a "pre employment meeting" next Monday, just payroll forms etc.

Dave1709

Hi BB3, I had my medical last week and passed. I have been given April 11th Start date. I have a "pre employment meeting" next Monday, just payroll forms etc.

When did u pass your assessments?

Congrats!
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---

Anything to worry about in the medical?

BB3

Great, thanks for the info. You must be really pleased. I got my confirmation letter today. I wonder if your April course is fully booked.

Joshie Babie

Dave, Passed my assessment with my current company just had to do the enhanced dots test on the 13/01 and managers meeting on the 27/01. Nothing to worry about with the medical very friendly people that will do their best to get you through, the medical center is in Leicester. Thank you!
Well done BB3! I think the April course may be full due to the need to hand in a months notice. (Handed Notice in today). I wouldn't worry though as I think there will be lots of courses throughout the year. Thank you, yes pleased.

Trico382

Congratulations on the confirmation of your course mate that's great news. All the best and good luck!

Kev.

For anyone who has already done the stage 1.
How long will the testing last, is it just the morning or does it run over into the afternoon?

Regards

BB3

For anyone who has already done the stage 1.
How long will the testing last, is it just the morning or does it run over into the afternoon?

Regards

Just the morning. I was told to allow 3 hours and it actually lasted for around two and a half.

Dave1709

Got my confirmation letter yesterday, might make it onto April I only have to give a weeks notice, fingers crossed! Looks like there's going to be quite a few new depot drivers this year, I'm really pleased for everyone that got through and I'm looking forward to meeting you all.

Kev if your assessment is a 9 am start you should be done for midday

BB3

Got my confirmation letter yesterday, might make it onto April I only have to give a weeks notice, fingers crossed! Looks like there's going to be quite a few new depot drivers this year, I'm really pleased for everyone that got through and I'm looking forward to meeting you all.

Kev if your assessment is a 9 am start you should be done for midday

I only need to give 3 weeks notice too, so unless the course is full, there's still time. Here's hoping.

Last edited:

Dave1709

How many people on here have made it through then?
To everyone who has their assessments this week best of luck, if you have practised you can only do your best be proud that you made it through to this stage many ithers were rejected at initial application remember that. A bit if nerves is good but don't let your nerves get the better of you, I would hate to think that you didn't do as well cos your berves got the better of you.

Quick tip the academy is right at the bottom of hudson way.

Good luck again guys n gals!!
How many typos!!

TheRailwayWay

Does anyone think the next course for the people taking the stage 1 this week would be in June? I'm attending some games at the euros you see :-?

Last edited:

MrH

I received the confirmation letter re talent pool via email but not heard anything since that.

Re the dress code, I wore a suit to all stages but as I said there was people just dressed smartly and it didn't seem to be an issue. I played it safe with the suit but also its because I felt comfortable doing so. Good luck!

I went smart casual and passed it all just suited and booted for the DMI

Thanks guys :D

Kev.

How many people on here have made it through then?
To everyone who has their assessments this week best of luck, if you have practised you can only do your best be proud that you made it through to this stage many ithers were rejected at initial application remember that. A bit if nerves is good but don't let your nerves get the better of you, I would hate to think that you didn't do as well cos your berves got the better of you.

Quick tip the academy is right at the bottom of hudson way.

Good luck again guys n gals!!
How many typos!!

Thanks Dave, hope to meet up when we have all passed and working at the depot.

Joshie Babie

Hi BB3, Trico & Dave,
Just an update. I spoke to Tania yesterday at my pre employment meeting, I asked her about the numbers on the April course and she stated that the final numbers were 6. She did reiterate the point made earlier in the forum that courses can have upto 10 people in them and that the April course is quiet a small course. Just letting you all know, I know its horrible being left in the lurch. Hope to see you all after you get on your courses, Josh.

Trico382

Hi BB3, Trico & Dave,
Just an update. I spoke to Tania yesterday at my pre employment meeting, I asked her about the numbers on the April course and she stated that the final numbers were 6. She did reiterate the point made earlier in the forum that courses can have upto 10 people in them and that the April course is quiet a small course. Just letting you all know, I know its horrible being left in the lurch. Hope to see you all after you get on your courses, Josh.

Thanks for the update mate, just a waiting game but that's fine. Glad your is moving along and you have your date and yes hopefully get to meet you guys in the not too distant future

Dave1709

Cheers for that mate it is a horrible waiting game still at least we know we have a few more months of waiting to get on. Enjoy it mate and hopefully meet you soon. Which depot did you request?

BB3

Hi BB3, Trico & Dave,

Yes, thanks for letting us know. I hope you enjoy your course. I think that 6 attendees is a nice size. I hope we all meet up in the not too distant future.

Joshie Babie

Thank you to all three of you, I am sure we will meet up soon. I asked Tania; when I first got talent pool letter, what people were selected from the talent pool. Tania stated: Locations available, length of time in the talent pool and expiry of driver testing. I think the only reason I am on this course is because my drivers test ran out in June of this year. This should put you guys front of the queue for future courses. Dave I choose Derby Etches Park. Just thought you guys would want to know as I stated above the waiting after all the testing and interviews is the worst part.

Dave1709

Well that does make sense Josh and I'd hate for you to miss out due to timing. I'm not shaving til I start so hopefully it won't be too long or my wife will divorce me!! I told them I could get to either takes me about same amount of time. Hopefully we won't have to wait til August it's proper hard being in a job knowing that the job you want is there, just waiting for a start date!!

BB3

Thank you to all three of you, I am sure we will meet up soon. I asked Tania; when I first got talent pool letter, what people were selected from the talent pool. Tania stated: Locations available, length of time in the talent pool and expiry of driver testing. I think the only reason I am on this course is because my drivers test ran out in June of this year. This should put you guys front of the queue for future courses. Dave I choose Derby Etches Park. Just thought you guys would want to know as I stated above the waiting after all the testing and interviews is the worst part.

Thanks for letting us know how it works - that's great. I chose Derby too. The waiting is better when you're a bit more in the picture and not awaiting a call.

Kev.

Well that's the Stage 1 test completed. Now just the wait with fingers tightly crossed to see how I've done.

Good luck to anyone else who was there this morning.

Kev

leebuckley23

Stage 1 just finished...
Quietly confident
7-10 day wait now
Fingers crossed
Good luck any one else who was there today

stevehw

Well that's the pre employment meeting done and confirmation of passing the medical all in one day. Roll on the 11th, it's going to seem like an eternity.
Can't wait to meet up with you guys who start in April, also good luck to everyone waiting to hear on results.

Joshie Babie

Well that's the pre employment meeting done and confirmation of passing the medical all in one day. Roll on the 11th, it's going to seem like an eternity.
Can't wait to meet up with you guys who start in April, also good luck to everyone waiting to hear on results.
Well done pal. See you in April:) What depot did you chose again?

Status
Not open for further replies.