• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trainee Depot Drivers at C2C

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

playmore64

I apologise it would appear I was miles off, however, I was merely giving a guesstimation/rough estimation from when they last advertised.

Last edited:

djpapi

hmm i applied for the job but i didnt email them does anyone have there email address i know the post has gone but i dont want to loose out

SPADTrap

Established Member
250 applications for 4 vacancies. Good luck all!
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
hmm i applied for the job but i didnt email them does anyone have there email address i know the post has gone but i dont want to loose out

If you applied what are you worries about?

blu9027

Hello all, I applied for this role and found out today I've been selected for assessment centre. Completely new to the process so any advice on what to expect would be gratefully received. Anyone else heard anything?

Will have to clarify the salary if I get to interview (judging from the range being suggested here), as much as I'd love the job, I have commitments that mean I can't take too much of a cut.

jc1

Hello all, I applied for this role and found out today I've been selected for assessment centre. Completely new to the process so any advice on what to expect would be gratefully received. Anyone else heard anything?

Will have to clarify the salary if I get to interview (judging from the range being suggested here), as much as I'd love the job, I have commitments that mean I can't take too much of a cut.

Hi,did you find out by email?
I havent heard anything so maybe Im out now anyway,but I also dont think
I could accept that salary.

SPADTrap

Established Member

Fortunate enough to get an invite too. Lots of info around here let's get trawling.

playmore64

Well done to those that have been shortlisted.

Just out of interest when is the actual assessment date?

Good luck:smile:

SPADTrap

Established Member
Look forward to meeting everyone there!
Has anyone else heard back about assessments yet?

Last edited:

theageofthetra

On Moderation
If you live in East London, Canary Wharf Group are paying £22k to be a cleaner. Puts this starting salary into perspective?

blu9027

Well done to those that have been shortlisted.

Just out of interest when is the actual assessment date?

Good luck:smile:
Cheers, my assessment date is next Wednesday, had a look over the practice materials that came through on email and there's a lot to take in before then..

SPADTrap

Established Member
Cheers, my assessment date is next Wednesday, had a look over the practice materials that came through on email and there's a lot to take in before then..

I'm on Thursday! Indeed quite a short time to get prepared! Good luck mate!

F1Fan

Hi everyone, (First post here)

I too have passed the short listing and have been invited to the assessment day on Tuesday next week.

For those interested, they C2C use OPC at Watford and are doing:

TRP
Group Bourdon
DTG Reaction
DFFT (Driver fault finding)
CBI (Structured interview)

All on the same day!

So far I've been revising my weakest areas, Group Bourdon and Reaction test (around 20 hours in total!) and have now started to get my answers together for the Structured interview. (If I get that far through the day!)

Good luck to everyone.

wills

Only just got the chance to post on this - I applied for this role and at first got the 'thanks but no thanks' e-mail.

However, I had a call yesterday and, to cut a long story short, they want to progress my application and I will be doing my assesment next Thursday! Can't quite believe it!!

Crossing all my fingers and toes and working really hard on practicing! :D

F1Fan

SPADtrap - sending this ready for when you get in later, how did today go at the assessment centre?

Finger crossed for you.

SPADTrap

Established Member
SPADtrap - sending this ready for when you get in later, how did today go at the assessment centre?

Finger crossed for you.

Hey mate. Went really well! How was yours? I have a question about the TRP part 2 if you wana PM me? Won't let me message you.

F1Fan

I'm off to Watford on Tuesday for my day of dots and tests.

Will PM you now.
Just got back from OPC in Watford.

What a stressful day - I hope I don't need to go through that again, although I fear I have failed.

Did well in the Group Bourdon, well in the driver fault finding (completed 10), well in TRP part 2 - BUT

For part 1 (memory test) I think I got a few wrong - dodgy ground.
The reactions test - when it got very fast, I completely stopped for around 5 seconds and think I've made a few mistakes before stopping, did much better in part 2 where you set your own pace.
Structured Interview - got grilled hard and don't feel too confident sadly.

All in all a hard, taxing, stressful day that I ended up not enjoying, despite putting something around 20 - 30 hours of revision into. (Mainly Bourdon and Reactions)

I fully expect to get the "no thanks" email in the next few days. Don't mean to sound negative just being realistic. Factor in C2C don't accept borderline passes (which I might have scraped?) and I think I'm done for.

F1Fan.

Beveridges

Established Member
All in all a hard, taxing, stressful day that I ended up not enjoying, despite putting something around 20 - 30 hours of revision into. (Mainly Bourdon and Reactions)

It's horrible. Not something I enjoyed one bit and never expected to no matter how many hours I put into it.

I still remember those tests now even though I passed them back in 2008. The computer tests were ok but the SI is horrible, a hundred times worse than all the other tests put together.
The worst thing about it is I had to do the damn things twice, scraping through the SI on the final attempt with a borderline in two areas (get 3 & you're out!)
The 'grilling' is intense and it felt like the assessor was consistantly trying to catch me out & if he succeeded the 2nd time there would be no Depot drivers job *ever* - now that was something I was not prepared to miss out on.
It still makes me nervous now to think I could still be stuck in my old job if I had failed, and it was damn close.

I still remember my failed first attempt. The SI got me right at the end. Like you I remember it being a taxing stressful day and just hoping I never had to repeat it again. Not just the day itself. I lost sleep leading up to the assessments. The frustration and misery when I got told I failed and had to do it all again. It's all one bad memory now though.

But if you think thats bad, wait until you do your final competency assessment for Depot Driving, which comes at the end of the training. The pressure can be even worse than the SI!

Last edited:

F1Fan

HOW FRUSTRATING!!!!

Just found out that I got a good pass in the Group Boudon, DFFT, TRP Part 1 and 2 and Structured Interview, but only got a borderline pass in the Reactions.

Because of the one borderline I'm out of the process.

Am I right in thinking I still have my two lives as none of them was a fail?

Thanks.

wills

grrrrrr, so angry :(

went to the OPC yesterday and just got the phone call from Lisa at c2c to let me know I failed.

I thought I had buggered up the DFFT and Dials by not getting enough done and I made a few mistakes on the reactions but passed all of those fine!!

GBT was fine but I failed on the SI, soooooo naffed off right now, frozen out until October and by then I imagine if the rumours are true things will be a load more difficult :(

Well done to those who passed however.

-Will

F1Fan

Hi Will,

I feel your pain - horrible feeling isn't it.

I notice that we are the only two that have back on here and been honest, silence from the rest!

F1Fan.

wills

Frustrating isn't even close to what I have been feeling all evening!!

Will give OPC a ring on Monday and see what feedback I get.

I just wish I knew what I went wrong with on the interview, I was truthful the whole way through - the "so how did that make you feel" thing got to me a bit as I couldn't quite understand what she was trying to get at, I would answer and then she would ask it again and maybe ask it a third time too :|

FRUSTRATION, arghhhhhhhhhhhhh!!

At least I get another chance (if not more according to these rumours about new tests). There were 3 others with me, 2 on their final attempt, on Thu and although I wasn't able to know details only 1 person made the grade so there is at least 1, if not 2, much more disappointed people out there than me :(

Status
Not open for further replies.