• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trainee Depot Drivers at C2C

Status
Not open for further replies.

tiptoptaff

Established Member
Hi all,

Thought I'd let you know, C2C are advertising 4 trainee depot drivers positions at East Ham - they have an issue with their online system, so you need to email them to register interest - bit out of my area, but best of luck to any based in East London/Essex!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

SPADTrap

Established Member
Keeping an eye on this one! Not long until close for them to reply to us though!

NI 271

Anyone know the salary for this? Have had a (very quick) glance through the advert and haven't seen any mention of it.

Cheers.

tiptoptaff

Established Member
Salary isn't mentioned

It does say on there SPADTrap that they're keeping it open because of the technical issues they've had, that's why you need to email them to register your interest.

SPADTrap

Established Member
Salary isn't mentioned

It does say on there SPADTrap that they're keeping it open because of the technical issues they've had, that's why you need to email them to register your interest.

I did. It seems their new one doesn't work either so I've used their excel one! All good! They seem very organised!

NI 271

Just seen they're holding interviews on the 19th and 22nd April. A Friday and a Monday. Now, that seems odd, but more irritatingly I'm in Spain from the 19th to 22nd, so, as they say on Dragons Den, on that basis, I'm out.

Slightly annoying, I worked down there during the Olympics and really enjoyed myself, could easily have gone back. Ah well...

csp1992

Does anybody know what tests are included in c2c driver assessment?
Is there still a mechanical test or do they do driver fault finding test?
I know LOROL and FCC use the DFFT not too sure about c2c...

Any help appreciated.
Cheers!

Stuart-h

Cheers Lcc. I went through there website but i canopen the page but i cant go all the way down.

jc1

Does anyone know what the salary is?
HR seem reluctant to tell me for some reason.Does anyone know why this might be?

Beveridges

Established Member
Wow thats bad, £10k-£16k less than Northern for the same grade! And Northern are seen by many as one of the lower paying TOC's. You sure thats right?

playmore64

Sir, yes sir:D

It's a rough estimation though from last year, so I wouldn't imagine the figures changing by a huge margin!

Full Time Trainee Depot Drivers
Shoeburyness or East Ham Depot
£18,000 + Company Benefits

The position of Trainee Depot Driver is the first step toward becoming a fully competent Mainline Driver. It is a starting position in which successful applicants will develop a variety of skills and gain a considerable amount of knowledge.

This position requires a 14 week classroom and practical training course in which the trainee will develop skills in train driving, fault finding, train preparation and a detailed knowledge of the operating procedures and rules the railway adheres to. Following successful completion of the classroom training the salary will rise to £23,934.

After approximately 18 to 24 months, (inclusive of classroom training time) if suitable, you will be entered onto your mainline course and career as a Mainline Driver earning £37k.

The successful candidate will have:

• Excellent Customer Service skills
• A good level of education, including basic Maths and English.
• A good understanding of c2c’s ethics and values.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Ability to work alone and as part of a team.
• Ability to work under own initiative.
• Flexible (as this roles involves shift work)
• Approachable, polite and Professional attitude at all times
• Ability to work under pressure
• Ability to deal with difficult situations
• Excellent time management skills

A snapshot of the role:

You will be working a variety of shifts including early, late, and nights.

Safety will be your primary responsibility as you will be involved in train driving to and from platforms, shunting trains, route setting and ensuring trains are ready for service.

Depot Drivers are key figures in ensuring trains start the day in the right place and condition, meaning we can deliver the advertised service to our customers.

As a result the role requires committed and responsible candidates who can work well in a team and as individuals, have an eye for detail and can follow set procedures. This is primarily a hand’s on and outdoor based role.

If you are interested in working for c2c Rail Ltd, please download an application form from the ‘About Us’ section of www.c2c-online.co.uk and send with a covering letter, quoting reference Trainee Depot Driver to HR Dept, c2c Rail, 10th Floor, 207 Old Street, London, EC1V 9NR

Beveridges

Established Member
£18k training and £24k after leaving the classroom?
Compared to Northern where its £33k-£34k from day 1.
I really don't understand how they can get away with that. Plus this is in London where cost of living is more than twice as high!
Suppose it will appeal to people who just want to get in the grade, allowing them to easily move on to other much higher paying driving roles elsewhere, but can't see anyone sticking this out for long. It just doesn't even pay enough to live in the area that it is being advertised in.

Last edited:

TT66

Anybody know the shift patterns for this one? 12 hour days? Strange it didn't say anything about living within an hour of the depot.

jc1

21k while training but dont know what it is when fully qualified.

spurs4life

1st year money is about 28300 no 12 hour days 18 week roster at east ham 24 week roster at Shoebury.

jc1

1st year money is about 28300 no 12 hour days 18 week roster at east ham 24 week roster at Shoebury.

Do you mean the pay goes up in year 2 or thats the full rate?
So is it 4x9 hour shifts?
What are the chances of proghessing to mainline driving and how long do you have to wait?
Oh and do you have to work with Spurs fans?

spurs4life

Second year is about 29780 full rate is about 31000. shift length vary from 5.30hrs to 8.45hrs progression to mainline is how long is a piece of string could be five years could be longer.oh and yes to final question

jc1

Second year is about 29780 full rate is about 31000. shift length vary from 5.30hrs to 8.45hrs progression to mainline is how long is a piece of string could be five years could be longer.oh and yes to final question
Is that a five day week then?
And is progression yo mainline a minimum of five years?
Sorry for all the questions.

Layaboutlarry

I'm so gutted that this has closed!
I'm just looking for a foot in the door I dont think I'm not too bothered about the wages in the beginning as there are plenty of qualified vacancies week in week out so there will always be a chance to move to another TOC.

ABSOLUTELY GUTTED...!

MacRae13

I'm so gutted that this has closed!
I'm just looking for a foot in the door I dont think I'm not too bothered about the wages in the beginning as there are plenty of qualified vacancies week in week out so there will always be a chance to move to another TOC.

ABSOLUTELY GUTTED...!

A foot in the door? Depot driver?

If it's affecting you as much as you say, maybe you should consider one of the many other roles that get advertised more frequently - gateline, etc. That would be a foot in the door.

Beveridges

Established Member
A Depot Driver role is much more than just a "foot in the Door" - although c2c's MDD wages are a bit shocking especially with the three years below the full money.

jonb

Established Member
Beveridges, it's not all about the money for some. But if you don't like it then it's simple, you don't have to apply..

Status
Not open for further replies.