• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trainee driver manager interview

Status
Not open for further replies.

neville

Hi all, I've been lucky enough to be invited to an interview with a manager after passing all the assessments. Can anybody tell me what to expect? Will it be along the lines of the structured interview or will it be a completey different type of interview?
Cheers

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

TDK

Established Member
Hi all, I've been lucky enough to be invited to an interview with a manager after passing all the assessments. Can anybody tell me what to expect? Will it be along the lines of the structured interview or will it be a completey different type of interview?
Cheers

Just be honest and remeber what you put in your application form, they won't try to trick you but will dig deep to get the answers they need - if they ask the same question twice it means you didn't answer it to their satisfaction the first time so try to expand on it a bit - this is a second chance and means you are almost there !

niblic3rd

Hey there I am in same boat with Scotrail. Passed the assessment first stage now got a interview to prepare for and they even asked me to write 300 words on 3 questions which has thrown me off a bit.

What qualities should the ideal train driver possess?
What are the main responsibilities of a train driver?
What qualities do you feel you can bring to the role?

So need to get that in writing to present to them when I go for my interview.

Hope i didn't hijack the thread.

E&W Lucas

Established Member
Hey there I am in same boat with Scotrail. Passed the assessment first stage now got a interview to prepare for and they even asked me to write 300 words on 3 questions which has thrown me off a bit.

One of them is Self Reliance, especially if you're going to be working out in the wilds of Scotland!

Been answered comprehensively on here before.

Beware this exercise though. It may be a test in itself. Drivers need to be able to write comprehensibly, so make a decent job of it.

oldagefanclub

What are the main responsibilities of a train driver?
What qualities do you feel you can bring to the role?

So need to get that in writing to present to them when I go for my interview.

Hope i didn't hijack the thread.

Visit your nearest depot and explain that you are going for interview and need some help, they will be great with you. Learn what routes are run from the depot you are interviewing for, do some research on the company (name of the chief exec./ turnover/ how many stations they run etc.) They will probably ask how you would deal with a person jumpingin front of the train, so think about your response. How do you feel about shifts? How will you deal with boredom?

Hope this helps.

neville

Cheers for all the advice. I thought it went ok so hopefully here something good back. How long does it usually take to hear something if anyone knows?
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Hey all just been offered the trainee driver job with lorol, over the moon. Any ideas what willesdens like as a depot?

reapz

Cheers for all the advice. I thought it went ok so hopefully here something good back. How long does it usually take to hear something if anyone knows?
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Hey all just been offered the trainee driver job with lorol, over the moon. Any ideas what willesdens like as a depot?

Gz and wow lol rail work really fast for a toc

Status
Not open for further replies.