• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trainee Driver vacancies DBS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suraggu

Applied for Thornaby, still awaiting a reply.
Fingers crossed i'll hear one way or another...

Further back in the thread I mentioned that I have spoken to a driver at Thornaby who informed me that they are fully staffed and they don't have any plans for anyone to retire over the next 12 months, so it could be an extremely long wait.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

andylloyd

Further back in the thread I mentioned that I have spoken to a driver at Thornaby who informed me that they are fully staffed and they don't have any plans for anyone to retire over the next 12 months, so it could be an extremely long wait.
Maybe they shouldn't have advertised it then....
Mind you the HR team know what they're doing.... Don't they?

dapc

i have spoken to some people who have there assesments soon. They applied for the southern regions such as Acton, Dicot.

d_kingscott

I applied for Midlands depots - Saltley and Bescott, only had an email upon sending original application stating vacancies would be in 2015

ExTankieAaron

I applied for Midlands depots - Saltley and Bescott, only had an email upon sending original application stating vacancies would be in 2015

yeah apply now, do tests etc through the end of summer and autumn then you'll be ready to start on a date in January to train as a driver.

Aaron.

d_kingscott

yeah apply now, do tests etc through the end of summer and autumn then you'll be ready to start on a date in January to train as a driver.

Aaron.

Sorry Aaron what do you mean? Apply to someone else? I've already passed all the assessments with FGW last year, hope to jump to interview stage.

ExTankieAaron

sorry, when you said 2015 i was just giving a time line of when the position opened you apply then, get your email to say its been received and then all the tests etc until Jan15 to start training. But as i've read on here if you have not heard anything by now then you have been unsuccessful because of DB lost 2 contracts so most depots that said they need new drivers have been internally shuffled around and no longer need them.

Kukua

sorry, when you said 2015 i was just giving a time line of when the position opened you apply then, get your email to say its been received and then all the tests etc until Jan15 to start training. But as i've read on here if you have not heard anything by now then you have been unsuccessful because of DB lost 2 contracts so most depots that said they need new drivers have been internally shuffled around and no longer need them.

Where did u get that info from? Because i called last week and the lady said if u have not got an email its not a No!

andy123

dont thnk after any drivers this year got quite few internal staff ready for training at our depo . Also think now there in good position to temp qualified drivers

d_kingscott

I would't necessarily do the tests again as my scores count across the board. People in my situation usually hear a lot later on because they put others throughout the assessments first and then bring in the people who have already passed at the interview stage.

The email actually said if you were unsuccessful then you would be informed, as I have not heard any different I'm guessing this is still the case. Who knows...

ExTankieAaron

well the info i got is from several people what work within DBSr, one of the contracts was lost to freightliner at immingham i think tata steel? dunno.
But be realistic their are people on here who went for this job and it seems most that went for depots down south have had letters to be called forward for medicals assessments etc the rest of us have had diddly squat!
Just read back though the posts and youll see yourselfs.

Aaron.

Atishyou

well the info i got is from several people what work within DBSr, one of the contracts was lost to freightliner at immingham i think tata steel? dunno.
But be realistic their are people on here who went for this job and it seems most that went for depots down south have had letters to be called forward for medicals assessments etc the rest of us have had diddly squat!

Aaron.

Are you trying to talk yourself out of a possible job with them? You do know that they come on these forums and it wouldn't be too hard to work out who you are from your posts and application I bet!

They would want to appoint people who would probably not be slagging them off before an interview has taken place!

They used to run the sleeper service, which has now gone to Serco. Not sure on the exact depots, but think it's Acton / Wembley or some down that way and one around Motherwell or Mossend too.

They can't recruit other drivers until they know what's happening with the existing displaced ones!

If I were you Aaron, I'd stop talking to the wrong people at DBS.

andy123

Aaron.

As far as I know immngham still have Tata steel but had lot of internal applications for drivers . Probley why not after any external application,s
Also they have taken on quite few drivers and trainee,s this year

Fred Dinenage

Are you trying to talk yourself out of a possible job with them? You do know that they come on these forums and it wouldn't be too hard to work out who you are from your posts and application I bet!

They would want to appoint people who would probably not be slagging them off before an interview has taken place!

They used to run the sleeper service, which has now gone to Serco. Not sure on the exact depots, but think it's Acton / Wembley or some down that way and one around Motherwell or Mossend too.

They can't recruit other drivers until they know what's happening with the existing displaced ones!

So why not wait until they sort displaced drivers THEN advertise? DBS is hardly portraying itself as organised given this is the second occasion they've opened recruitment for trainees then changed their minds.

junior_7178

their are people on here who went for this job and it seems most that went for depots down south have had letters to be called forward for medicals assessments etc the rest of us have had diddly squat!

Aaron.

I applied for Hither Green (down south) and have heard 'diddly squat'. It should be pointed out again that in the conformation of recipt of application email DBS said "it could be many months before you hear from us". Now to me that means I might have to wait upto 11 months before I hear anything, so 3 months after the closing date I'm really not getting my knickers in a twist, yet.

Theurbanjedi

I think it's more than reasonable to assume that for the latest batch of applicants, one should be prepared to wait as long as it takes.

Assumption, prevarication, and supposition as to the status of the recruitment process will not help - as the original email stated, you should be prepared to wait 'many months' - remember that patience is an essential virtue of the role!!

bdp

I applied for Didcot and got my assessment day sent through. A few weeks ago now. I can't believe so many people haven't heard anything. I hope it is for an actual job in the new year, if successful... I'm already in a "talent pool" somewhere else. Doesn't really help!!

Paul.

Last edited:

Atishyou

So why not wait until they sort displaced drivers THEN advertise? DBS is hardly portraying itself as organised given this is the second occasion they've opened recruitment for trainees then changed their minds.

The last advert for trainees went out before they lost the Sleeper contract!

banku

Just wondering whats the average age of all the people who have applied for DBS and does the age / race actually matter ?

SPADTrap

Established Member

DB don't run the sleeper service.

First do, DB provide locos and drivers.

Last edited:

Atishyou

DB don't run the sleeper service.

First do, DB provide locos and drivers.

Thanks for the attempt to embarrass, but I'm well aware of who has the contract and who provides what.

It's merely the interpretation of the word 'run'.

The loss of the contract will still affect some DB drivers, so my point still stands.

darren111

Just wondering whats the average age of all the people who have applied for DBS and does the age / race actually matter ?

I have applied. I am 40...that should not matter. I am black...that should not matter. So really age and race should not matter in this day and age.

banku

I have applied. I am 40...that should not matter. I am black...that should not matter. So really age and race should not matter in this day and age.

Yes you are right mate. I am 33 years old.

SPADTrap

Established Member
Thanks for the attempt to embarrass, but I'm well aware of who has the contract and who provides what.

It's merely the interpretation of the word 'run'.

The loss of the contract will still affect some DB drivers, so my point still stands.

Embarrass? Complex, much?

Was just saying...

Last edited:

Grafter

Passed assessments today they couldnt give me any time frame for final interviews.

Well done on passing the assessments. If you don't mind, did you apply on the last recruitment drive (June) and if so, what depot?

Atishyou

So why not wait unil contracts were decided? :D

Beats me!!!

The contract bid team probably don't talk to recruitment!
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Embarrass? Complex, much?

Was just saying...

No complex, it just seems many on here are always trying to score points against each other.

If that wasn't your intention, then I apologise.

SPADTrap

Established Member
Beats me!!!

The contract bid team probably don't talk to recruitment!
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---

No complex, it just seems many on here are always trying to score points against each other.

If that wasn't your intention, then I apologise.

Nope. No point scoring. I'm always learning from people on this forum so just tried to share what I knew! Sorry if it seemed like I was being funny! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.