• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trainee Driver Vacancy - Thameslink

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scattle

Passed my Medical, getting contract tomorrow for Gillingham to start on 31st oct

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Goatman

Got the call today to say I passed my MMI! Over the moon! Just waiting to hear back on a date for the medical, but providing that goes well I'll be starting on the 14th November (I think that's the date she said on the phone, tbh I was going a bit crazy with joy)

Got the call today to say I passed my MMI! Over the moon! Just waiting to hear back on a date for the medical, but providing that goes well I'll be starting on the 14th November (I think that's the date she said on the phone, tbh I was going a bit crazy with joy)

Nice one, same start date as me. Also waiting on a medical date.

cwjohnstone

Congratulations everyone! I'm in next week for the DFFT and I'd assume DMI? Been told to present myself at GoVia house for 1330, they invited me for assessment back in July but the email never made it annoyingly!!!!

Scattle

Well its all real now, contract arrived this morning for Gillingham on 31st Oct!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Videoman76

Anyone got a December start date?

cwjohnstone; I've left you a PM (I think I pressed the right button).

Good luck to you all!

Videoman76

Jimbob1982

Hi

I realise this is the wrong forum, though I can't seem to "Create a new post".

I have an assessment day with "TFGM" in October 2016, though roughly want to know how difficult the "Psychometric Testing session" are?

07.00 - 07.15 Driving License Check

07.15 - 08.00 Psychometric Testing session (Test 1)

08.00 - 08.30 Break & Results from Test 1

08.30 - 09.15 Psychometric Testing session (Test 2)

09.15 - 10.45 Break & Results from Test 2

10.45 - 11.30 LRV Simulator Test/Written Test

11.30 - 12:30 PA Announcement

12.30 - 13.30 Lunch & Results from LRV Simulator Test and PA Announcement

Thanks

Jimmy

NickR

Are there December start dates? If I can get through the MMI and medical then a pre-Xmas start date would be amazing.

darren010

Hi All,

Got my assessment centre tomorrow and never done one before. Done something similar to become guard (which I am) but nothing like the drivers assessments.

Did everyone just do the stuff thameslink sent in the email or was there anything else anyone did to help them pass on the day?

I have done the pack thameslink sent on the email and a couple of reaction tests online (although not the best as only last a minute and not 30 lol)

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Darren

NickR

The pack they send out is excellent and gives you pretty much all the information you need to pass. I used the Group Bourdon Tool on this site too to practice that.

Good luck!

Hi anyone here who has applied for trainee driver with Thameslink the one that closed Monday 12th September 2016 ?? Any news on Assesements ??? Cheers

carnty

Hi Goatman, I've got my MMI tomorrow. Is it to discuss the situation judgement examples from the assessment day or is it like the DMI? Plus how long does it last roughly? Thanks and well done on your achievement. Hopefully I'll be right behind you..

NickR

Had my MMI this morning and just got the phone call to say I passed! Start on the 21st November pending my medical. So happy!

carnty

Hi Nick, so did I and have had the same outcome. 21st is my possible start date pending a medical on the 10th Oct. Well done mate-you are following me.

NickR

Hi Nick, so did I and have had the same outcome. 21st is my possible start date pending a medical on the 10th Oct. Well done mate-you are following me.

Congrats mate! Got my medical on the 7th. Hopefully see you there on the 21st. Having said that, does anyone actually know where the training is?? In all my excitement I forgot to ask on the phone.

mmbeak78

Wow! Well done all of you! I had my assessment centre on 21st September and while I passed, my Group Bourdon score wasn't high enough for Thameslink which leaves me in the Holding Pool limbo for Southern

westcoaster

Established Member
Congrats mate! Got my medical on the 7th. Hopefully see you there on the 21st. Having said that, does anyone actually know where the training is?? In all my excitement I forgot to ask on the phone.

Not 100% but mess room gossip, it was mentioned selhurst as a training location.

Nkay11

Can tell you from experience that it is a bugger to get too. I've been a guard there for the past 4 years and live in Chatham so i really hope this is not true lol.

carnty

That does sound a nightmare. If its confirmed, I may need some help with route planning...

Status
Not open for further replies.