• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trainee drivers in Bletchley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Need2

Never seen this in a trainee drivers job spec' before, could be making it harder?
Good mechanical aptitude: a recognised technical qualification or time-served apprenticeship will be an advantage.

Lucien

If you download the PDF it says that you're required to have Mechanical/electrical experience

Daly131

Hi, does anybody know if the position has closed early?? Deadline was tomorrow and my application is 83% completed... .. Absolutely gutted If this is the case

OneLowban

Hi, does anybody know if the position has closed early?? Deadline was tomorrow and my application is 83% completed... .. Absolutely gutted If this is the case
Very likely. You should almost expect the vacancies to close early these days.

Some are up for not even a full day.

Cavey81

Yes looks like it was closed early. They have sent out invites for the next stage - online assessment.

DepotDosser

Done my online assessment this morning before the 5th day deadline tomorrow (5 days from receiving their email). I think you only get an email straight away if you have failed from reading other threads and the “no news is good news” sometimes! Good luck

DepotDosser

Still no email about the online assessment here either. Saw on another thread one guy was waiting 8 weeks until he was told he passed his assessment with Abellio!

S-Car-Go

Also awaiting further comms. It can be weeks between application and 1st / 2nd / 3rd round of tests etc.

AG1994

The assessment day for this position is Tuesday this week, I was invited after completing the online test a couple of days after I applied.

S-Car-Go

The assessment day for this position is Tuesday this week, I was invited after completing the online test a couple of days after I applied.
What did the assessment day consist of? Psychometric tests only?

AG1994

What did the assessment day consist of? Psychometric tests only?

Hello. It was the Group Bourdon Test, cables and dials, DFFT, counting tones/phonebook/counting tones + phonebook and the GLOP test. Around 4 hours from start to finish including one small break and working through examples.

Firestarter

Hello. It was the Group Bourdon Test, cables and dials, DFFT, counting tones/phonebook/counting tones + phonebook and the GLOP test. Around 4 hours from start to finish including one small break and working through examples.

How many people were in attendance? Internals abs external candidates?

S-Car-Go

Sounds like the Stage 1 psychometrics with the TOC. Where was it held?
Stage 2 is usually with OPC (more tests + MMI).
Having gone through the process with ARL London last year, I hope it went ok for you!

AG1994

How many people were in attendance? Internals abs external candidates?

Probably around 15 in attendance, some guards and some external. I don't think many were for Bletchley, most guys seemed to be there for Birmingham roles advertised months ago.

AG1994

Sounds like the Stage 1 psychometrics with the TOC. Where was it held?
Stage 2 is usually with OPC (more tests + MMI).
Having gone through the process with ARL London last year, I hope it went ok for you!

Stage one was with OPC in Birmingham last week, stage 2 is with WMR in Watford which is computerised tests and driver manager interview. Not sure if the DM interview is the MMI, or the MMI is additional.

S-Car-Go

I just got an update from WMT. They've offered me a DMI in May in Birmingham. Anyone else heard back?

Lucien

I haven't heard anything since application. Sent them an email asking but never heard anything

Status
Not open for further replies.